The Revenant (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
That's the thing with Leo's performance here... 'give him the Oscar for all the previous snubs'.

Actually, that sounds exactly like Academy so move on I guess.

Allstar wrote:
Michaelf2225 wrote:Hardy>Leo
That's just irresponsible.
It's true though.

Hardy's character was 2-dimensional, yes, but Hardy's performance was truthful.

I respect Leo for what he's done for the role, he's a professional, but put aside the bison liver eatin' performance and what's left? I prefer Neeson in The Grey, for starters.
Wolf Leo, Aviator Leo >>>>>>>> Revenant Leo

I'm not sure how you cannot be truthful when playing this role. Any good actor would have pulled this off. By good actor I obviously mean anyone from Michael Fassbender to Viggo Mortensen. A lot of people praise the way he acts with his eyes... he did it before better, and what he did here with his eyes doesn't even come close to what Hardy did with Bane or Pacino with Michael in Godfather.

I mean yeah, Leo was great but let's not blow his performance here out of proportion. If he's going to get an oscar he's going to get it for his career and past snubs.

Baniac wrote: The scenery. I'm not going to gush about the cinematography like everyone else. Yes, it's excellent and deserves a nomination, but really the landscape itself is what more so deserves accolades. I mean, who could screw up with that type of natural visuals to work with?
go ahead, you try doing all that in natural light.
Baniac wrote: Too many repetitive
dream sequences
. Another aspect where the film could have reduced run time without losing quality.
He's hallucinating from getting damn near dying; it happens.
Baniac wrote: The soundtrack. Totally unengaging and virtually non-existent. I can't believe this has gotten the nominations it's gotten. Yes, I'm a soundtrack snob. As I said earlier in this thread, a soundtrack should enhance the experience. This one did nothing to accomplish that.
Cannot agree. :lol:

I think Baniac is either young or just new to film. No need to bash him, show him the light. The statement that you can't go wrong with that kind of nature around you so the cinematography will be good from the start is obviously nonsensical. And he made some other questionable remarks as well. However, there's other ways.

Forum Pro
Law
RIFA wrote:I think Baniac is either young or just new to film. No need to bash him, show him the light. The statement that you can't go wrong with that kind of nature around you so the cinematography will be good from the start is obviously nonsensical. And he made some other questionable remarks as well. However, there's other ways.
She's 51.

Law wrote:
RIFA wrote:I think Baniac is either young or just new to film. No need to bash him, show him the light. The statement that you can't go wrong with that kind of nature around you so the cinematography will be good from the start is obviously nonsensical. And he made some other questionable remarks as well. However, there's other ways.
She's 51.
:lol: I laughed more than I should've.

Ten guys with a camera will shoot the same scene sort of argument, of course I agree with RIFA but then again our brains function differently.

Forum Pro
Law
Also, the characters words never matched with their mouths when they were talking in subtitles.

I'm not sure how I feel about
Leo looking at the camera at the end. It felt like a direct lift from 12 Years a Slave, and possibly worse, Leo practically begging for the Oscar. I greatly enjoyed his performance in the film, but that final beat felt off.