Knight of Cups (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Law wrote:Image

keep telling yall.

8-)

Cilogy wrote:
This, though, is Malick in impressionistic mode. The director pays little attention to conventional narrative as he trawls for epiphanies and moments of cinematic rapture. He doesn’t give his impressive cast – Bale, Blanchett, Natalie Portman, Antonio Banderas, Imogen Poots, Wes Bentley – much to work with either. Dialogue is limited and elliptical. There is not much in the way of contextualisation or back story.
this is going to be fantastic

Law wrote:
Peter Yeung @peteryeung
Knight of Cups: Terrence Malick's latest is a captivating critique of Hollywood hedonism. America's response to The Great Beauty #Berlinale

I have a vague feeling that it won't be as good as TGB. And I wasn't totally bowed over by TGB.

Apparently Bale barely speaks in this movie.

Allstar wrote:Apparently Bale barely speaks in this movie.
Sweet.

BlairCo wrote:
Sweet.
:lol:

BlairCo wrote:
Sweet.
lol I hope that's a dig at his retarded Batman voice that also plagued the trailer for Knight of Cups. I never understood why Nolan let that voice pass, especially over the last 2 Batman movies :(

MuzzleSuarez wrote:
BlairCo wrote:
Sweet.
lol I hope that's a dig at his retarded Batman voice that also plagued the trailer for Knight of Cups. I never understood why Nolan let that voice pass, especially over the last 2 Batman movies :(
To piss you off so you would whine about like a little school girl on the internet.

Malick is the type of filmmaker who tells you nothing, yet shows you everything.