Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Scheduled release date is April 4, 2014.

Cool title. Re-Pumped my low-to-zero expectations I had for this film if they make it be about the relationship between Cap and Bucky.
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

durden_77 wrote:I have never considered walking out of the theater more than I did with Captain America.
It wasnt that bad

apw
Anthony Mackie in Talks to Play Falcon in 'Captain America' Sequel
Marvel is not resting on its laurels after its victory lap at Comic-Con, moving ahead on casting its latest movie, Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

Plot details are being kept underwraps but the subtitle reflects a respected storyline from the 2000s that returned Captain America's sidekick Bucky from the comics death as a brain-washed super assassin known as the Winter Solider.

While Marvel would not comment nor divulge charater details, it is believed that Mackie will end up portraying the Falcon, who is one of mainstream's comics' first black superheroes, and perhaps its first American-based one. The character, Sam Wilson, was Harlem-based and had many street adventures with Cap in the 1970s comics when he served as his partner. He derives his powers from a suit which allows him to fly and enhances his strength. He can also telepathically talk to birds. In current comics, he is a key player in many of Cap's espionage adventures.

Mackie is currently on screen with Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. He has Warner Bros' all-star crime movie Gangster Squad coming out this fall, recently completed shooting Michael Bay's Pain and Gain, and is now shooting Runner, Runner with Ben Affleck and Justin Timberlaks.

He is repped by UTA and Inspider Entertainment.

Marvel had no comment.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... +Vision%29

apw wrote:Anthony Mackie in Talks to Play Falcon in 'Captain America' Sequel
Marvel is not resting on its laurels after its victory lap at Comic-Con, moving ahead on casting its latest movie, Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

Plot details are being kept underwraps but the subtitle reflects a respected storyline from the 2000s that returned Captain America's sidekick Bucky from the comics death as a brain-washed super assassin known as the Winter Solider.

While Marvel would not comment nor divulge charater details, it is believed that Mackie will end up portraying the Falcon, who is one of mainstream's comics' first black superheroes, and perhaps its first American-based one. The character, Sam Wilson, was Harlem-based and had many street adventures with Cap in the 1970s comics when he served as his partner. He derives his powers from a suit which allows him to fly and enhances his strength. He can also telepathically talk to birds. In current comics, he is a key player in many of Cap's espionage adventures.

Mackie is currently on screen with Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. He has Warner Bros' all-star crime movie Gangster Squad coming out this fall, recently completed shooting Michael Bay's Pain and Gain, and is now shooting Runner, Runner with Ben Affleck and Justin Timberlaks.

He is repped by UTA and Inspider Entertainment.

Marvel had no comment.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... +Vision%29
If they present him as a SHIELD Spy: Good. If they give him his suit: OK, but make it less campy to be honest. If they present him talking to birds: :facepalm:
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

Yeah, the talking to birds thing needs to go. He can have a pet bird as a civilian, though.

It'll be interesting to see how the modern day dynamic fits in. I mean, Steve is basically completely alone, nothing is the same to him anymore and so much has changed in the world. And the only one who DOES isn't exactly in a position to show sympathy.

I'm betting they go the Ultimate route with Falcon ala Renners' hawkeye. Have him as a SHIELD scientist/agent

I could see that working.

A top notch actor in his prime. This kind of casting is essential going forward, for all the Marvel movies.

I wouldn't be surprised if Falcon actually ended up in the Avengers, since the new show they made to go along with the movie as a continuation of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes has him on the team: