Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
So is this movie available on DVD/Blu-Ray (even for Pre-Order) anywhere?

Bacon wrote:So is this movie available on DVD/Blu-Ray (even for Pre-Order) anywhere?
www.google.com

Apparently Hawkeye was supposed to fight Cap in the movie, but Renner was busy filming another project so it got cut.
What it was going to be, we were trying to complicate the relationship between Cap and his S.H.I.E.L.D agent friends. If Hawkeye got a call from S.H.I.E.L.D saying Captain America is a fugitive, would he listen to that call or not listen to that call? That sequence actually was heartbreaking for us to cut it. I think it ultimately might have been a conflict with Renner’s schedule. But there was a great sequence where Hawkeye was chasing Cap through Washington D.C. there was an awesome sequence where they confronted each other in a ravine on the outskirts of D.C. and Hawkeye was shooting a series of arrows closing in on Cap, Cap closing in on him. And then Cap took him down and he realized for the first time that Hawkeye was trying to trick S.H.I.E.L.D, where he whispered something into Cap’s ear that Cap had a tracker on his suit and to punch Hawkeye to make it look real, because there was a Quinjet hovering above where they were watching the feedback back at S.H.I.E.L.D. So it was a cool sequence.

I wanted to see this a second time, on a whim, to confirm some recent suspicions I had ...

... and yes, this my favorite film the slew of Marvel Avenger flicks. A huge plus is the fact that the majority of the action (1) is comprehensible, (2) doesn't look cartoonish, and (3) actually feels exciting. Mackie as Falcon remains one of my favorite things about it; I hope we get to see more of him in both Civil War and other films.

Just get the Russos to direct everything from now on.

Cilogy wrote:I wanted to see this a second time, on a whim, to confirm some recent suspicions I had ...

... and yes, this my favorite film the slew of Marvel Avenger flicks. A huge plus is the fact that the majority of the action (1) is comprehensible, (2) doesn't look cartoonish, and (3) actually feels exciting. Mackie as Falcon remains one of my favorite things about it; I hope we get to see more of him in both Civil War and other films.

Just get the Russos to direct everything from now on.
It's hard to put it over GOTG in my book simply because it's more fun. Cap 2 does have the edge in the badass factor though. It puts the fight choreography if the Dark Knight trilogy to shame.

The only exceptional thing about the movie tbh.

So apparently The Winter Soldier had the exact same amount of VFX shots as Avatar :shock:

MyCocaine wrote:So apparently The Winter Soldier had the exact same amount of VFX shots as Avatar :shock:
Seamless vfx then. :clap:

You would never know.

MyCocaine wrote:So apparently The Winter Soldier had the exact same amount of VFX shots as Avatar :shock:
Yep really surprising and impressive