Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I wish Joe Johnston returned.

Not interested in this at all.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

oracle86 wrote:Jeff Sneider ‏@TheInSneider

EXCLUSIVE: JOE AND ANTHONY RUSSO HAVE BEEN TAPPED TO DIRECT CAPTAIN AMERICA 2.

Studios did not comment but the Russo Brothers, who exec produce Community, have been offered the job and are in final negotiations!

Odd choice, but marvel has earned some faith. We shall see.

Joeyjojo72 wrote:Odd choice, but marvel has earned some faith. We shall see.
They didn't earn any faith with the first Captain America that's for sure.

Obviously everything changed after the avengers. Cap2 will be an outgrowth of whedons version of the movie, not Joe Johnston.. Hopefully the outfit will be redesigned (modern materials but more like cap1).

I've never seen community, but I've heard good things. Fingers crossed.

Joeyjojo72 wrote:Obviously everything changed after the avengers.
Just because one Marvel movie is made out to be amazing, doesn't mean everything has changed. After the original Iron man's success they went right back to making less than impressive movies and a bad sequel.

What do you mean, 'they went right back'? Iron Man was their first film. There was nothing to go back TO.

SilverHeart wrote:What do you mean, 'they went right back'? Iron Man was their first film. There was nothing to go back TO.
yeah your'e right my bad, all I am saying is they have been inconsistent, and just because Avengers was successful doesn't mean that will change.

Lol okay man.

Anyway, I enjoyed much of cap1(despite a dearth of wow moments and a weak third act) , and hope Cap2 is an improvement. I'm glad they didn't hire some action movie hack, and am willing to give the new hires a chance to succeed or fail.

Avengers 2 is happening regardless of the sequels, so there's no real anxiety over Cap2 or thor2. Not for me anyway.
Last edited by Joeyjojo72 on June 6th, 2012, 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.