Favorite Zack Snyder film?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

What is your favorite Zack Snyder film?

Dawn of the Dead
13%
21%
Watchmen
61%
Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole
3%
Sucker Punch
3%

Total votes: 38

Watchmen is kind of a terrible film, but an amazing adaptation, so that's my favorite. But.. I dunno, it's hard to rate something like that.

-Vader

I'm tempted to put Sucker Punch... this is a tough one. I can't really say I really like any of Snyder's films though. Dawn of the Dead is probably the tightest, while everything else drips of immaturity and lack of restraint. It was exhilirating to seeing Watchmen if only for my love for the graphic novel, but the film hasn't held up well on repeat viewings.

But Sucker Punch... I don't think it's as bad as many say. In fact, I think it's actually kind of good. Say what you will about its misogyny (which I don't completely a agree with) and arbitrary nature, I think it has some really well done action scenes that make it worthwhile. Sucker Punch, to me at least, works best in an ironic kind of way. I think it's conscious of what it's doing, including having to sex everything up -- from the institution becoming a whorehouse to the costumes the girls wear while in the actions segments -- for audiences to be interested.

Watchmen <3

Watchmen. But hopefully that will soon change to Man of Steel. That is if he doesn't gump it up.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

So many stupid films but I would say 300 because when it hit the theaters it was mindless fun.

George wrote: But Sucker Punch... I don't think it's as bad as many say. In fact, I think it's actually kind of good.
I don't know, Georgey, that movie was pretty terribly flawed. The story was clearly reverse engineered to fit into the bullshit aesthetic Snyder wanted. In the end the only thing to appreciate was the visuals, which grew old after minute five. Forget the misogyny, the plot had holes bigger than state of Texas. None of the characters acted with any logic or reason, they only did things that served the story moving on to the next uninteresting action set piece.

300. Aside from the visuals, I really like how it is structured like a campfire story. While you can easily take everything at face value, the outlandish aspects can certainly be viewed as Dilios embellishing like so many do when they tell tales. Even though it gets derided from time to time, the Spartans' attire was rather unique way to capture their essence.

Yeesh, I guess i'll go with Watchmen, which i'm conflicted about at best.

TeddyBlass wrote:
George wrote: But Sucker Punch... I don't think it's as bad as many say. In fact, I think it's actually kind of good.
I don't know, Georgey, that movie was pretty terribly flawed. The story was clearly reverse engineered to fit into the bullshit aesthetic Snyder wanted. In the end the only thing to appreciate was the visuals, which grew old after minute five. Forget the misogyny, the plot had holes bigger than state of Texas. None of the characters acted with any logic or reason, they only did things that served the story moving on to the next uninteresting action set piece.
For whatever reason I was able to overlook the mountain of flaws. In one way it was nice to see some competent action following Battle: LA, but to a greater extent Sucker Punch really is just the kind of bad movie I find watchable -- it's lively and bold and at least somewhat coherent (versus the bleak, incoherent bore that was Battle:LA).

Anyway, I feel like I should stop defending Sucker Punch. Whatever (very) small admiration I have for it probably stems more from the relative consensus that it's utter garbage than from me genuinely finding it to be quality filmmaking.

Haha I guess you guys just don't understand the brilliance of Watchmen like I do :lol: