Your Favorite Directors

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Hello there,

We are all a bit more then just movie fans, we are discussing about a director. Besides Nolan, there are quite some directors I like, but I guess that also applies on you guys!
So, who are your favorite directors?

Here's my top 3:
1. M. Night Shyamalan - His latest movie was a bit dissapointing, but his first 4 (The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, Signs, The Village) where awesome! He was the first one I ever called 'My favorite director' and hasn't left that spot!
2. Christopher Nolan - We all know why.
3. David Fincher - Was on the second spot before Nolan. His movie 'Fight Club' is still my number one movie ever. Second best: Se7en. (though that one doesn't make it into my top 5 of best movies).

There are some more directors I like, but I can't really place them into order. They are deffinately not in my top 3.
Paul Greengrass, Gore Verbrinski, Micheal Bay and J.J. Abrams.

Chris Nolan (duh)
Wes Craven

And a few passable directors like Bay, Spielberg.

1.Chris Nolan (obviously)
2. Sam Raimi
3. Jon Favrou
4. Steven Spielberg
5. Michael Bay
Last edited by dagn96 on June 12th, 2009, 11:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

I won't order my list

Christopher Nolan
M. Night Shyamalan
Steven Spielberg
Sam Mendes
Michael Mann
Paul Greengrass
Martin Scorsese
Alfred Hithcock

Alfred Hitchcock, David Fincher, the Coen Brothers, Christopher Nolan (of course), Martin Scorsese and Steven Spielburg.

I don't like M. Night. Sixth Sense was his only good movie.

Chris Nolan
David Fincher
James Cameron (Surprised no one mentioned him)
Paul Greengrass
Martin Scorsese
Stanley Kubrick
Steven Spielberg

I forgot to add Clint Eastwood and Hitchcock to the list.

Hmmmmmm.......Ok

1. Orson Welles/Tim Burton
2. Stanley Kubrick
3. David Lynch
4. Billy Wilder
5. Sir David Lean

I didn't Put Nolan on the list as he's still young and has only made two classics in my view so far (Batman Begins and Memento). But I'm sure he will be my fav one day like Memento is my fav film.

rbevanx wrote:I didn't Put Nolan on the list as he's still young and has only made two classics in my view so far (Batman Begins and Memento). But I'm sure he will be my fav one day like Memento is my fav film.
I think you're terminology is a bit incorrect. I don't think one person can entirely determine whether a film is a "classic" or not, even if it is their view, that is usually done through majority, consensus or the passage of time. I think the word/phrase that would be more adequate would be "masterpieces" or "great films".

Lol well I'll put it in the fridge for a couple of years then. See if I want them more then.