The Stand (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Mason wrote:Affleck is a solid director, don't deny it.
He's a fantastic director.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
Mason wrote:Affleck is a solid director, don't deny it.
He's a fantastic director.
Much better than Chris Nolan.

When ever I think of Ben Affleck, I can't shake the image of him in South Park and Gigili.

Interesting choice.

What happened to Yates???

oracle86 wrote:What happened to Yates???
They decided to get a massive upgrade.

Has anyone here actually read the novel and what it consists of in an intimate way? He's about the most unlikely choice I can imagine.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:Has anyone here actually read the novel and what it consists of in an intimate way? He's about the most unlikely choice I can imagine.

-Vader
He always said he was interesting in eventually doing a big budget type of film.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
Vader182 wrote:Has anyone here actually read the novel and what it consists of in an intimate way? He's about the most unlikely choice I can imagine.

-Vader
He always said he was interesting in eventually doing a big budget type of film.
That's not what I mean. This is hard science fiction and fantasy that would be incredibly difficult for any director to pull off, regardless of their exposure to those genres as-is, let alone getting a guy whose only had two successful films, one of which is a pretty much a mystery drama and the other a crime drama that were tonally/thematically/narratively somewhat similar.

EDIT: Just going on about what an awesome choice he is without understanding the materiel is just... reasonless and without logic.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:That's not what I mean. This is hard science fiction and fantasy that would be incredibly difficult for any director to pull off, regardless of their exposure to those genres as-is, let alone getting a guy whose only had two successful films, one of which is a pretty much a mystery drama and the other a crime drama that were tonally/thematically/narratively somewhat similar.

EDIT: Just going on about what an awesome choice he is without understanding the materiel is just... reasonless and without logic.

-Vader
He's made two amazing films. That's all the logic I need.