The Imitation Game (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Keira Knightley in talks to join
Keira Knightley is in talks to co-star with Benedict Cumberbatch in biopic “The Imitation Game.”

Pic is being helmed by “Headhunters” director Morten Tyldum with Teddy Schwarzman’s Black Bear Pictures financing.

Script topped the 2011 Black List and is based on the life story of mathematician Alan Turing, the genius responsible for cracking the German “Enigma Code” during World War II that helped the Allies stave off defeat, and who would later be prosecuted by Britain in the early 1950s for being a homosexual.

Schwarzman will produce with Nora Grossman and Ido Ostrowsky of Ampersand Pictures. The pic is still looking for a distributor, but given the cast, it shouldn’t be long before a distrib comes on board.

The details behind the Knightley’s role are vague, but the project looks to be of a similar caliber as her previous pics “Atonement,” “Pride and Prejudice” and “A Dangerous Method.”

She can be seen next in Paramount’s “Jack Ryan.” She is repped by CAA and the Schiff Company.
http://variety.com/2013/film/news/keira ... 200492453/

Great to see that Ben Cumb has become the new Tom Hardy. :lol:

BenCum is definitely taking more flashy projects than Hardy...I mean after the success of The Dark Knight Rises, Hardy goes to work for
George Miller
Steven Knight
Michael Roskam
Daniel Espinosa

The only project I'm really excited about is Animal Rescue because Lehane wrote it

Yeah, on paper, Cumby's projects are with better collaborators IMO.

You can't compare every project solely based off the director despite it being the biggest factor. I really like what Hardy is doing with Animal Rescue and Child 44. He does not feel the need to go the obvious route which is nice.

Allstar wrote:You can't compare every project solely based off the director despite it being the biggest factor. I really like what Hardy is doing with Animal Rescue and Child 44. He does not feel the need to go the obvious route which is nice.
Personally I am not super excited for either Hardy project, and that is coming from a really big fan. I guess I put a lot of value in the director. :oops: