The Imitation Game (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
So, not only Cumberbatch is heavily praised but the movie itself seems to be well received. Very exciting! :twothumbsup:

Damn @ those reactions.
Wasn't sure about this film but I'm happy that Knightley is getting praise :)

Toronto: Very Enthusiastic Woman Asks to Taste Benedict Cumberbatch's Yumminess
Then a woman got up to the mic and declared, "Benedict, I actually think you're quite yummy." Everyone laughed. So she repeated herself. "You really are quite yummy."
"When is the question coming?" Toronto Film Festival director Cameron Bailey interjected. The woman said she had two really important questions, both for Cumberbatch, of course. One was what part of the role of WWII hero codebreaker Alan Turing did he identify with most. And the second very important question, keeping with the theme of the film, which "is that it's okay to be a little bit different... Would I be able to feast on your yumminess?"
http://www.vulture.com/2014/09/toronto- ... batch.html

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Monicabbm wrote:Toronto: Very Enthusiastic Woman Asks to Taste Benedict Cumberbatch's Yumminess
Then a woman got up to the mic and declared, "Benedict, I actually think you're quite yummy." Everyone laughed. So she repeated herself. "You really are quite yummy."
"When is the question coming?" Toronto Film Festival director Cameron Bailey interjected. The woman said she had two really important questions, both for Cumberbatch, of course. One was what part of the role of WWII hero codebreaker Alan Turing did he identify with most. And the second very important question, keeping with the theme of the film, which "is that it's okay to be a little bit different... Would I be able to feast on your yumminess?"
http://www.vulture.com/2014/09/toronto- ... batch.html

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
I was there for this screening lol Benedict looked so shocked and appalled,then he said he's taken. On the other hand the movie is incredible and Cumberbatch and Knightley will get noms for sure

Gay protagonist! struggle! injustice! WW2! Fight against nazi!...the only way this film could be any more award baity is if it was directed by Steven Spielberg and featured a few slaves getting whiped by the bad guys or old members of the Royal family discussing politic, drinking tea and harassing their nephews.
:D

TDK_jackasstrange wrote:Gay protagonist! struggle! injustice! WW2! Fight against nazi!...the only way this film could be any more award baity is if it was directed by Steven Spielberg and featured a few slaves getting whiped by the bad guys or old members of the Royal family discussing politic, drinking tea and harassing their nephews.
Get the fuck out

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
TDK_jackasstrange wrote:Gay protagonist! struggle! injustice! WW2! Fight against nazi!...the only way this film could be any more award baity is if it was directed by Steven Spielberg and featured a few slaves getting whiped by the bad guys or old members of the Royal family discussing politic, drinking tea and harassing their nephews.
Get the fuck out
:shock:

This guy will be adding a lot of insight to the forums.

Allstar wrote:If Amy Adams gets nominated again for a mediocre Tim Burton flick she's the new Meryl Streep.
Lol this guy. Remind me to bring this one up the next time you're denying ever being a troll.£

Master Virgo wrote:
Allstar wrote:If Amy Adams gets nominated again for a mediocre Tim Burton flick she's the new Meryl Streep.
Lol this guy. Remind me to bring this one up the next time you're denying ever being a troll.£
There's been various reactions/reviews from test screenings all over the internet. The general consensus is the movie is bad to mediocre. Which is hardly a surprise given Burton's recent track record.