The Imitation Game (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
http://www.firstshowing.net/2011/leonar ... tion-game/
The chronicle of mathematician John Nash in A Beautiful Mind dabbled in the codebreaking needed during World War II, but now Warner Bros. has picked up a new spec script with all its focus on a certain codebreaker and math genius. Deadline reports the studio has paid seven-figures for The Imitation Game, a script from first-time screenwriter Graham Moore which follows Alan Turing, an important man of British history said to be the father of computer science as he played a pivotal role in the creation of the modern computer. In addition, apparently Leonardo DiCaprio "has the inside track" to play the lead role.

Along with DiCaprio's interest, Ron Howard is said to have an eye towards directing the film as well. Deadline says many insiders have called The Imitation Game the best script they've read in years with one saying, "Think The King’s Speech without the huge uplifting ending,”. Sounds like it could be a bit depressing, but with a genius like Turing, who was a mathematician, logician, cryptanalyst, computer scientist, criminally prosecuted homosexual, and tortured soul who committed suicide by eating a cyanide-laced apple, his story seems ripe with drama for the big screen. On a topical note, some have said that Steve Jobs named his company Apple as a tribute to the man who essentially made his career possible.

You go Leo!

I wish him luck.

He'll need it.

EDIT: Ron Howard directing would be genius though.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Chameleon!

If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

The King's Speech?

FYI I've read TKS script twice and I find nothing extraordinary in it. Yes, it is good, I am not saying it's bad. But, I didn't see anything special in it. I find 'Inception' script more superior than TKS script. Not saying that, because Nolan is one of my favorites, or Leo is my favorite actor. I mean it when I say that.

Cilogy wrote:I wish him luck.

He'll need it.
LOL :)
Alan Turing, one of my personal heroes. I can't say I'm overly thrilled seeing him played by Leo. Jude Law would fit better, IMHO.

Intriguing.

This is such a sad story. Apparently, the script is amazing. Leo just might get an Oscar for this.

deadline
Warner Bros, which employed Yates on four Potter films including the finale, is trying hard to tempt him to direct Imitation Game, the script that the studio paid seven figures to buy last month. The Graham Moore-scripted drama is about Alan Turing, the genius and WWII hero who poisoned himself with a cyanide laced apple after being criminally prosecuted for being a homosexual. Studio has been waiting weeks to hear if Yates will bite. Stay tuned.
Hope Leo does this next since everyone is saying the script is brilliant.