Rush (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vader182 wrote:I saw this last night and haven't had a chance to review it. Highly enjoyable, but it could hardly be more studio. Or more superficial. Visceral, fun, dramatic, but there's barely anything beneath the surface.

I'm frankly surprised Rifa's got himself so worked up over this one. Or, thinking it's a better fit for high prestige than Philips. They're both excellent, and made competently, but Philips was considerably more effective for me.

-Vader
Just stop Vader... Like CP and Gravity had so much of that. You're saying stuff just for the sake of saying it. Not to mention it's funny how you actually watched this movie and looked for something beneath the surface. I'm not frankly surprised at all you ignored all my points in previous arguments. But it's whatever.

RIFA wrote: Just stop Vader... Like CP and Gravity had so much of that. You're saying stuff just for the sake of saying it now and disagreeing. Not to mention it's funny how you actually watched this movie and looked for something beneath the surface. I'm not frankly surprised at all you ignored all my points in previous arguments. But it's whatever.
I wouldn't dare be presumptuous enough to instruct you how and in what manner did you watch a movie. Nor would I accuse you of heaving empty words when there's no cause or evidence to support bogus comments, which is what they are. That's plain dismissive ignorant arrogance on your part, and if you're going to flout about acting pretentious, be sure as hell your comments bare some semblance of sense. In this case, they don't. Both Gravity and Captain Philips are better liked, or better loved, around the world than Rush. Sorry, that's objective fact. More box office, more acclaim. I've given explanations as to why I perceive that to be. If you disagree, don't toss about your toddler toys throwing around belittling comments and expect respect. You won't get any. Not from me, anyway. It's called ad hominem, and it isn't cool.

Besides, I just explained I enjoyed all three movies a lot. Since Captain Philips is at my 10th spot this year, Rush and Philips aren't all that far off in terms of ranking. You're making this mess over a negligible difference in opinion, of which you're much in the minority?

Cool brah, carry on.

-Vader

It'd be a crime to not have some noms for this movie such as Sound Mixing, Cinematography (this one's competitive this year), and editing.

Just watched this.

I thought the performances by Chris and Bruhl were solid, portraying two different perspectives towards the F1 (now thinking of The Prestige while typing this), the cinematography and the music by Hans. The supporting cast members were between good and serviceable.

BroskiSabor wrote:It'd be a crime to not have some noms for this movie such as Sound Mixing, Cinematography (this one's competitive this year), and editing.
Agreed. Unfortunately, The Academy couldn't care less I'm afraid - so underrated.

Locked in as my #1 of 2013. Very special movie.

Vader182 wrote:I saw this last night and haven't had a chance to review it. Highly enjoyable, but it could hardly be more studio. Or more superficial. Visceral, fun, dramatic, but there's barely anything beneath the surface.
Yah. It's a Ron Howard film.

But I think as far as these kinds of films go, it's pretty good.