Rush (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I think Daniel Brühl could get nominated if this film is at least a decent success.

Looks good especially Bruhl. :thumbup:

Looks stunning, the color saturation is beautiful. And looks like we are getting some shirtless Hemsworth scene :P ;)
Why you lurking my page brah?

thrice wrote:I think Daniel Brühl could get nominated if this film is at least a decent success.
Nominated for what?

Looks like a regular film. Maybe 2nd trailer is going to change my mind. What I am looking forward to is Zimmer's score.

Rohan wrote:Nominated for what?

Looks like a regular film. Maybe 2nd trailer is going to change my mind. What I am looking forward to is Zimmer's score.
I don't know much about Formula 1, but apparently Bruhl is doing a spot-on impression of Niki Lauda.

Skyab23 wrote:I'm a big motorsports fan, but didn't we already see a film with a race driver who has a rival, one of them gets hurt then has to summon his courage to get back into the race car? It was called Days of Thunder from 1990.
Because this time is a true story :-D
My 1000th post :wave:

I think that Hemsworth has a decent chance for this, this looks like a meaty part. Honestly, I'm convinced that one of these days, he will get nominated, if he gets 'serious" roles like this. It's cool seeing him do something different, his movie with Michael Mann should be pretty exciting too.

Keep remembering how strong he is in Thor, he's not there enough in The Avengers :evil:

Bruhl looks like a lock, the scene in the conference room seen in the trailer where he acknowledges that there is a 20 % chance he might bite it everytime he races is a very good sign.

Hemsworth looks terrible in this.
Brave New World

Ok :batface:

That trailer was really surprising to me. The entire looks of the film looks incredibly neat, and the acting looks pretty good. I smell an Oscar or two out of this.

Plus, Hans Zimmer is scoring.