CBS' The Mentalist

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The Mentalist is an American police procedural television series which debuted on September 23, 2008, on CBS. The show was created by Bruno Heller, who is also the show's executive producer. It follows the fictional story of Patrick Jane who, as a paid consultant, uses unorthodox methods to aid the California Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in homicide investigations.

Season 4 began on September 22, 2011.

Couldn't even finish season 1.Meh.

It isn't anything original nor great, but I find it quite entertaining and the only complain I had was the lack of an horizontal story, but I'm more than satisfied with the end of the 3rd season and the beginning of the 4th :)

TBH, I started watching The Mentalist because it is by Bruno Heller, who created HBO's Rome. But now I just watch the show for Baker. That man just owns his role so well.

And the Red John storyline is interesting. That season 3 finale was such a shocker!

oracle86 wrote:TBH, I started watching The Mentalist because it is by Bruno Heller, who created HBO's Rome. But now I just watch the show for Baker. That man just owns his role so well.

And the Red John storyline is interesting. That season 3 finale was such a shocker!
Yeah, Simon Baker is what keeps the show up, is all based upon his charisma.

It was so unexpected that when I read a spoiler which said
Red John's identity was going to be revealed
I thought it was a Internet joke and nothing more :lol:

Season 3 was mediocre up until the finale. That was incredible. Bradley Whitford's scene in the final 10 minutes was perfect... he played Red John fantastically; very intoxicating scene.

Too bad, in usual fashion, the writers had to fuck all that up in the beginning of season 4. Now Red John is God like, which is what I was trying to avoid. Really weak... belittles what Whitford did as well. Upsetting to say the least.

Yeah, I didn't like the season 4 beginning at all for this reason. It just ruined the awesomeness of last season's finale. I honestly thought Heller wouldn't resort to such tactics. :facepalm:

I must have missed something or I just don't American law very well, but why on Earth was Patrick judged not-guilty in the season 4 premiere?

Yeah, I didn't understand that as well. Eventhough they found a kidnapped girl in his house, would that be enough to let Jane go scotfree? I suppose since he is a cop, so killing a felon is alright? :roll:

It has the guy from L.A. Confidential!