The Grey (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Mason wrote:
Nolan4Life wrote: Everyone in my theater left and a lot of them knew to stay. :lol: I heard many groans and gripes about the ending as they were walking out.
I never, ever leave until everything is over. I won't feel like I've watched the whole thing otherwise.
I'm going to have to adopt this code...I can't believe I didn't stay!!! Someone tell me what happens after the credits!! (In spoiler tags of course)

Forum Pro
Law
MSUspartans2211 wrote:
Mason wrote:
I never, ever leave until everything is over. I won't feel like I've watched the whole thing otherwise.
I'm going to have to adopt this code...I can't believe I didn't stay!!! Someone tell me what happens after the credits!! (In spoiler tags of course)
the wolf is on the ground breathing

They're both breathing heavily, but Neeson is resting his head on the wolf. However, the way it's shot, is reminiscent of the last shot we see of Diaz, resting on the log.

GunRanger wrote:
They're both breathing heavily, but Neeson is resting his head on the wolf. However, the way it's shot, is reminiscent of the last shot we see of Diaz, resting on the log.
I don't think its an ambiguous ending at all. Ottway was obviously mortally wounded and before he fights the wolf he seemed to have given up already since he takes all of the wallets out and examines them. The movie was always very grim in the first place plus theres the poem
"When art imitates life"

GunRanger wrote:
Crap I really wish I would have stayed...
So both Neesan and the Wolf are laying on each other breathing heavily? Or just the wolf?

MSUspartans2211 wrote:
GunRanger wrote:
So both Neesan and the Wolf are laying on each other breathing heavily? Or just the wolf?
Both, but Neeson is resting his head on the wolf. They're both going to die, but he seems to have won the battle.
Last edited by GunRanger on February 2nd, 2012, 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GunRanger wrote:I don't think it's ambiguous either, but it does
MSUspartans2211 wrote:
Both, but Neeson is resting his head on the wolf. Their both going to die, but he seems to have won the battle.
Well crap, I wish I would have been thinking!

It was a very fitting ending for the film. Wonderful stuff.

Superb movie. Neeson carries it with a very decent supporting cast.

Amazing movie - 8.9/10

Emotional, sad, intense, scary, funny at times, and very thought provoking.