10 Cloverfield Lane (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Hello,

According to Dutch news site 'Nu.nl', producer J.J. Abrams has confirmed that there is a sequel to the 2008 film 'Cloverfield' in production. Now, I'm not really into English news/movie sites (except for a few director fanforums), so I haven't got an English article, if someone else has, please post it! :)

I think it is great news, I am fan of the first one and I hoped for this for a long time! :D

I wonder if they're gonna keep the shaky camera thing. I kinda hated it.

It's an old news, but it's true and I am excited. After the release of Cloverfield dvd and since it marketed pretty well for the studios I came across a article and it disappeared in matter of hours that day. The article stated a sequel to CLOVERFIELD. I didn't had time that day to paste the article here and the M.Night forums, but thanks for bringing this up as its going to be a
interesting topic.

JJ Abrams stated that the monster was just a baby and also on the official website(s) yes, there were what 2 to 3 different websites to promote the first one? - a picture was posted on one of the sites with flesh of dead CLOVERFIELD in the seashore or a submarine meaning that WE KILLED THE BABY to pieces.

Hopefully this will have some better actors than the last one.

Eternalist wrote:Hopefully this will have some better actors than the last one.
The team of actors involved in the first one did a great job, why?

They were pretty bad for the most part. Especially that camera guy, he couldn't deliver a single line with any conviction.

Eternalist wrote:They were pretty bad for the most part. Especially that camera guy, he couldn't deliver a single line with any conviction.
"couldn't deliver a single line with any conviction" - what is your point here? I'm getting confused a little. He was funny and his character was a interesting character.

He almost ruined the movie for me. You don't see him, but every line he delivers is so devoid of sincerity it sounds as if he's TRYING to act.

Eternalist wrote:He almost ruined the movie for me. You don't see him, but every line he delivers is so devoid of sincerity it sounds as if he's TRYING to act.
:eh: - to you may be he was not good, but trust me he did a good job. He played his character very good.

No he didn't. Nothing from his character was convinving and most of the characters were uninteresting anyway. I'll leave it at that.