10 Cloverfield Lane (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Forum Pro
Law
This movie was trashhhh. If like you like Mary-Elizabeth Winstead though and/or have a foot fetish, 100% see this.

The movie itself was horrible though.

Law wrote:This movie was trashhhh. If like you like Mary-Elizabeth Winstead though and/or have a foot fetish, 100% see this.

What did you think was trash about it?

-Vader

Law wrote:This movie was trashhhh. If like you like Mary-Elizabeth Winstead though and/or have a foot fetish, 100% see this.

Lmao! Will do. But... that horrible/trashy? Come on, why is it 90% on rotten then?

Forum Pro
Law
Vader182 wrote:

What did you think was trash about it?

-Vader
The movie starts with Michelle running away from her boyfriend? I guess.. maybe other things. She's at the gas station, scared of her own shadow. She then gets ran off the road and subsequently abducted by Howard, she lives there for however long, always looking scared and even admits to running away from things when she panics. She manages to escape and then fights off an alien and destroys an entire alien ship?

She also survives two major explosions 20ft away from her and also falls another 20 feet while inside of a truck. Gets out, sees that she defeated the aliens and runs to the car with no signs of any injury.

It then ends with her driving to Houston showing that she's a big brave woman who is ready to join the military and fight off the alien race! You go girl!!
Ugh.

You must be fun at parties. And also hate James Bond. And also every character in any action-anything ever.

-Vader

Haven't seen it yet but Law has horrendous taste. :lol:

He thinks Man of Steel is a masterpiece.

Forum Pro
Law
Vader182 wrote:You must be fun at parties. And also hate James Bond. And also every character in any action-anything ever.

-Vader
I'm very fun at parties, thank you. Also, your response does nothing to defend anything I said. James Bond is a professional spy, trained to be a killer. Most characters in action movies have character development that will lead to them i.e. saving someone, themselves or being able to survive something others can't.

Michelle showed fear the entire movie but in the last 10 minutes became a heroine who
KILLED AN ALIEN AND TOOK DOWN A FUCKING SPACESHIP, all by lighting a match and throwing of bottle of alcohol into the GIANT ALIENS MOUTH

I mean, if something is 'trashy' and 'horrible' I'm thinking Seagal.

Allstar wrote:Haven't seen it yet but Law has horrendous taste. :lol:

He thinks Man of Steel is a masterpiece.
OT but my girlfriend wants to come with the guys to see B V S and now I have to show her Man of Steel. That means I have to rewatch it.

:sick:
I used to like it. That time has passed. Few movies have soured in their memory like Man of Steel has.
-Vader

Now that I have seen this movie, here's what I spotted that could connect to 'Cloverfield' and some WTF-moments:
01. Emmet said to Michelle that he saw a huge bright light from a very long distance, so I am thinking that he saw this one from the first movie:

02. According to Emmet, Howard used to be working on something with satellites, so could this mean that he worked with this?

03. When Michelle crawls up to "The Hatch" (don't know what to call it lol), she crawls out of the vents and we cut to her hand on a piece of paper that says something about Japan, where Robert Hawkins from the first movie was supposed to get a new job. I didn't quite catch the rest other than the word, Japan, but I will recheck it when this movie is on Blu-ray.

WTF-moments:

01. When the helicopters flew by, is it just me or did I hear the Cloverfield-monster in the distance?

02. What the hell are those 'Transformers: Dark of the Moon'-spaceships doing in this movie?!

03. What the hell is that worm-monster-thing that attacks Michelle?!