Europa Report (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Here’s another title that will get shopped at the 2011 Toronto Film Festival in script stage: Wayfare Entertainment and Misher Films are in pre-production on Europa, a contemporary space adventure that will be directed by Sebastian Cordero, the Ecuadorian helmer whose credits include Rage and Cronicas. District 9‘s Sharlto Copley is set to star with The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo’s Michael Nyquist, Anamaria Marinca (she starred in the Palme d’Or winning 4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days), and Asian superstar Daniel Wu. Wayfare Entertainment is fully funding the film, and Misher Films’ Kevin Misher is producing with Wayfare’s Ben Browning. Sierra/Affinity’s Nick Meyer is handling international sales. Scripted by Philip Gelatt, Europa is the story of a six-person team of astronauts from various international space stations who are sent by a private sector corporation to be the first manned mission to Jupiter’s fourth moon. Eugenio Caballero (Pan’s Labryrinth, is production designer, and the plan is to begin shooting in New York this fall. Wayfare’s Michael Maher and Jeremy Kipp Walker will be exec producers alongside Andy Berman.
The only thing I can say is that my body is ready :batface:

Sounds like Sunshine, but that's not a bad thing exactly. I'll watch it.

SDFKLSDGFDJGKDFJLGKDJDFG IT SHALL BE AMAZING.

http://www.europaventuresllc.com/
A promo website with a rather long silent video in it.

I'm getting a Moon/Sunshine vibe from it but I love them both so I'm hoping this movie will be original in its own way.

EW has our first look at Sebastián Cordero's sci-fi thriller The Europa Report, which stars Sharlto Copley as an astronaut on a mission to Jupiter's glacial moon in search of aliens.

The only thing left is a release date and if it come out this year I think I'll be set until December when it comes to movies.

And for some reason it is now called 'The Europa Report' according to EW, so if a mod can change the title that will be great.

Fingers crossed.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
EW has our first look at Sebastián Cordero's sci-fi thriller The Europa Report, which stars Sharlto Copley as an astronaut on a mission to Jupiter's glacial moon in search of aliens.
MEIN OVARIES.
And for some reason it is now called 'The Europa Report' according to EW, so if a mod can change the title that will be great.
I'm guessing the 't' is silent.

When I saw the change to the title I immediately thought of the Colbert Report... in space

This intrigues me greatly.