Fight Club (1999)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I love Fight Club and TSN. They are two of my very favorite films. Seven is his best tho. It saved his filmmaking career after Alien3 tanked. It pretty much set the standard for his films.
Say Girl

Dodd wrote:I'm not saying Panic Room is his best film because it obviously is not. But no one ever shows that film ANY love. Its so underrated
Same goes for The Game.

tykjen wrote:
Dodd wrote:I'm not saying Panic Room is his best film because it obviously is not. But no one ever shows that film ANY love. Its so underrated
Same goes for The Game.
I fucking love The Game huge mind fuck of a movie
Why you lurking my page brah?

The Game is quality. I love it.

Why you lurking my page brah?

Dodd wrote:Image
You mean he is not actually Tyler Durden in real life? :o

Tyler's character is not someone you should be like or listen too. The film isn't trying to push his agenda. It's a warning.
Say Girl

Redsmile wrote:Tyler's character is not someone you should be like or listen too. The film isn't trying to push his agenda. It's a warning.
This is the greatest insight I've ever heard regarding Fight Club. I like the movie, but I hate the cultural masturbation regarding what comes out of Tyler Durdens mouth.

Redsmile wrote:Tyler's character is not someone you should be like or listen too. The film isn't trying to push his agenda. It's a warning.
Mostly. He does what all great seducers do- present truths: "the things you end, end up owning you" then lace it with dangerous propaganda. Tyler's marketing truths that bring you in just to extrapolate that to extremes- making the viewer an accomplice in its own dangerous method. Fincher now thinks (as has been a huge criticism of the film for me) he didn't quite make the film openly ironic enough considering how just about zero people understand the film's making fun of itself and almost everything presented is meant to be undesirable, cautionary, and dangerous. Maybe that's because the violence and humor, which the film kind of warns against people enjoying, is presented in an entertainingly rebellious way.

-Vader

Both Tyler and Jack are at different ends of a spectrum (Materialist and Anti-Materialist). Film warns against becoming like either one of them.
gib sigs