The Flash (2023)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

[Update: IGN reports that Bradley Cooper is denying any connection to The Flash movie - stating, he's "never heard of it." Cooper previously denied being involved with The A-Team, so it's probably too early to rule him out entirely for The Flash.]

The fastest man alive has certainly taken his time getting to the big screen. Fortunately, it sounds as though DC and Warner Bros. intend to make The Flash worth the wait.

Yet, you can only tease us fans with script updates or opaque references to the film’s tone for so long. Eventually, we become hungry for something more substantial – like discussing who might don the scarlet speedster’s costume.

Ryan Reynolds was a top contender for The Flash before he signed on to play Hal Jordan in Green Lantern, and let’s face it – he can’t play every comic book hero in Hollywood (although he’s certainly trying). Instead, Moviehole claims that Bradley Cooper has emerged as one of the frontrunners for The Flash.

Obviously these are the earliest of discussions being had and we’re bound to hear a few more names tossed around before all is said and done, but Cooper might have an advantage over other potential candidates. (source: ScreenRant)
No word yet if it will be Barry Allen or Wally West. Right now Bradley Cooper, Scott Speedman and Neil Patrick Harris are rumored to be shortlisted to play The Flash.

I think this has potential if done right. I've always been a fan of The Flash.
Dodd wrote:
Right now Bradley Cooper, Scott Speedman and Neil Patrick Harris are rumored to be shortlisted to play The Flash.
If these are the frontrunners, Cooper gets my vote easily.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

The more I have been thinking about it, I wouldn't mind if Chris Pine was casted. But I don't think people can get past him as the Captain
Why you lurking my page brah?

Dodd wrote:The more I have been thinking about it, I wouldn't mind if Chris Pine was casted. But I don't think people can get past him as the Captain
I still like Cooper better.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

DoubleD wrote:
Dodd wrote:The more I have been thinking about it, I wouldn't mind if Chris Pine was casted. But I don't think people can get past him as the Captain
I still like Cooper better.
I agree i think Cooper can make an awesome flash he's clearly very funny and can fit a dramatic role as well.

I'd say the best Flash would be James Franco, Jake Gyllenhaal, Ryan Gosling, or Sean Faris.
President and Chief Financial Officer of The Official Faora Fan Club Est. 2013

FreakLikeMe wrote:I'd say the best Flash would be James Franco, Jake Gyllenhaal, Ryan Gosling, or Sean Faris.
I could see it. But something about that reminds me if GL
Sigs???

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:
FreakLikeMe wrote:I'd say the best Flash would be James Franco, Jake Gyllenhaal, Ryan Gosling, or Sean Faris.
I could see it. But something about that reminds me if GL
Sean Faris really isn't known for anything big and is a good actor though. Jake Gyllenhaal is a good actor anyways as well as Ryan Gosling. James Franco is good as seen in 27 Hours. Ryan Reynolds on the other hand sucks ass at acting.
President and Chief Financial Officer of The Official Faora Fan Club Est. 2013

IMO I think maybe if they went with a non A-list actor it would draw more focus on the plot and superhero himself, rather then viewers analyzing the 'Hollywood' actor and how he fits in the role
Why you lurking my page brah?

I'm personally sick of James Franco, so no thanks to that.