your favorite DiCaprio movie?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Titanic's definitely my favorite movie of his. It's also my second favorite movie of all time.

DiCaprio's just been picking such great roles lately. Shutter Island and Inception were incredible. I think he deserves a nomination for Shutter Island, personally. His scene at the end where he finds his kids was the most gut-wrenching thing I've seen all year.

Performance wise:
1)The Departed - first time he got my attention as an actor, personally I thought he was the best in the movie and the scene where he and Jack Nicholson are at the table talking about who the "rat" is, is one of the most intense scenes that I've seen.
2) Shutter Island - Some parts seemed out of place but there were some truly great acting parts IMO (first "vision" with wife, scribbling on the notepad, and the Lake Scene)
3) Inception - was really good throughout but IMO the role wasn't that demanding, still really good though
4) Blood Diamond - really good but accent was a little weird IMO and detracted slightly

Favorite Movies of his:
1) Inception
2) The Departed
3) Shutter Island
4) Catch Me If I can

The Departed

i think shutter island is his best performance to date

talli wrote:i think shutter island is his best performance to date
did he transform well enough to your standards for that?

allstarr55js wrote:
hahahaha

He's pretty much good in all of his films

The movie that made me go "Holy Shit he can act" was The Aviator. Not saying he hadn't done anything good before that but I just kinda thought of him as Jack. He was great in Basketball dairies and Gilbert Grape. He also held in own against Robert De Niro in This Boy's Life. Tho the film really isn't anything special.

I think the only bad film he has is The Man In The Iron Mask. The rest are all at least decent films. I even liked The Beach.
Say Girl

allstarr55js wrote:

no he didnt really transform at all, very little if anything...i just think it was an incredibly rich performance, emotionally....it was a great role for the type of actor he is

Redsmile wrote:I think the only bad film he has is The Man In The Iron Mask. The rest are all at least decent films. I even liked The Beach.
Yeah, I don't get the hate for The Beach. I actually thought it was pretty decent.

Yeah i like The Beach as well.

The Beach isn't great but overall it's a decent film. I just didn't like the whole videogame section. Wtf Danny....
Say Girl