Song to Song (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Alex wrote:
solo2001 wrote: Badlands. And The New World more or less.
I have watched "The New World" because of Bale and barely made it until his first appearance. Rarely seen an interesting story made into such a boring movie. If there's something I really can't stand then it's advancing a story by whispery voice-overs. So does he do that always?
In all he post-hiatus films, he has whispering voice overs. His two early films had voice overs, but they are not whispery.

OMFG. This might become the first Bale film I'll skip ...

Alex wrote:OMFG. This might become the first Bale film I'll skip ...
Same... I would prefer another McG film with ease.

allstarr55js wrote:
Alex wrote:OMFG. This might become the first Bale film I'll skip ...
Same... I would prefer another McG film with ease.
Indeed. Terminator: Salvation was a bad movie, but at least it didn't bore the shit out of me.

If you have no need to broaden your horizons, in terms of how a story can be told or even how a film can be structured, then Malick probably isn't for you.

solo2001 wrote:If you have no need to broaden your horizons, in terms of how a story can be told or even how a film can be structured, then Malick probably isn't for you.
Ah come on! You just can't accept that there are people who find this particular way of storytelling annoying and boring.

I've watched hundreds of movies with tons of different ways of storytelling, but if there's something I really can't stand then it's films where dialog has been replaced with voiceovers. And if he really DOES that always, then: been there, done that, bought the T-shirt. Why bother with another variant of something I detest?

Alex wrote:
solo2001 wrote:If you have no need to broaden your horizons, in terms of how a story can be told or even how a film can be structured, then Malick probably isn't for you.
Ah come on! You just can't accept that there are people who find this particular way of storytelling annoying and boring.

I've watched hundreds of movies with tons of different ways of storytelling, but if there's something I really can't stand then it's films where dialog has been replaced with voiceovers. And if he really DOES that always, then: been there, done that, bought the T-shirt. Why bother with another variant of something I detest?

if you detest it so much, why do you keep coming back into the thread?

talli wrote:
Alex wrote:

What I detest even more is the fact that Bale seems to be appearing in another film with horrible voiceovers instead of dialog, so I was just venting a bit.

Alex wrote:
talli wrote:

What I detest even more is the fact that Bale seems to be appearing in another film with horrible voiceovers instead of dialog, so I was just venting a bit.

obviously Bale doesnt share your opinion

talli wrote:
Alex wrote:

obviously Bale doesnt share your opinion
Yeah, obviously. So?