Song to Song (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
allstarr55js wrote:My 2nd favorite actor working with my least favorite director. :clap: Hopefully Bale will keep me from falling asleep. Bale must really love Malick because he was supposed to be in his last film he just did with Affleck as well.
Good thing he didn't join in on that cast, due to probably reading the script...

mastervirgo wrote:Image
GENIUS :clap:

LOL.
It seems actor Sean Penn is still upset about the fact that so much of his performance in “The Tree of Life” was left on the cutting room floor. I guess he and Adrian Brody can drown their woes in a few down at the pub. Said the actor to French magazine Le Figaro:

"I didn’t at all find on the screen the emotion of the script, which is the most magnificent one that I’ve ever read. A clearer and more conventional narrative would have helped the film without, in my opinion, lessening its beauty and its impact. Frankly, I’m still trying to figure out what I’m doing there and what I was supposed to add in that context! What’s more, Terry himself never managed to explain it to me clearly."

Sean Penn is a bore anyways. It doesn't matter what he thinks.

I bet Bale understands anything because he's a fucking genius.

mastervirgo wrote:Image
hahahahaha :lol: nice.

Haley Bennett joins cast. Variety also says Bale is indeed in this.

Looks like Ryan Gosling may be in it as well...
We asked Gosling about the possibility, but were met with a downcast glance and a smile. “Uh, I caaaaan’t… comment,” he said—about as much as we were expecting; the mysterious filmmaker’s work is always kept tight under wraps until its debut. “A chatty cathy that one,” joked Gosling in regards to Malick, but we’ll take his coy response as a positive sign…

gosling is so spontaneous he is a perfect collaborator for Malick