The concerts topic

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
As you might know, but probably don't, I love music. And as a music lover, I like to go to concerts/festivals. I'd thought it might be fun to open a topic for all recent bands you've seen and upcoming shows you are gonna attent.

Last show I've seen was Muse in Rotterdam. Brilliant, one of the best shows I've seen, ever! Even though I thought that their last two albums were like, not good, the show was perfect! They played songs from 8 years back to now (unfortionately not from their first album from 1999).
Before I went to the show, I thougt it might be the las show I'd see from them (because the last albums were that dissapointing) but after seeing them live, I already bought tickets for their next concert in Holland! (19th of June)

Also upcoming:
Jan. 30th: Enter Shikari (UK), Amsterdam.
May 27th: Pinkpop Festival, with Rammstein (D), Kasabian (UK) and more.
June 19th: Muse (UK)
June 27th: Rockin' Park Festival, with Pearl Jam (US) and more.
Aug. 19th to 21st: Pukkelpop Festival (Belgium). No artists confirmed yet.

Do you attent concerts, what are your stories? Your upcoming shows? Favorite show ever?
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

I don't attend very many concerts but the best one I went to was a Madonna concert back in '08. It was fun! The music was awesome and she was dancing around, jump roping and everything! It was a cool concert and the graphics were awesome as well. Madonna knows how to give good shows. She and her whole creative team behind the concerts do a really good job of delivering the finished product. A lot of creativity goes into! Even if the tickets are expensive, people should go to one of her concerts just for the experience.

I went to see Metallica last night with my 11 years old nephew. It was his first concert. He was stunning.

Can't beleive I've never been to a concert before

first concert in my whole life: CHILDREN OF BODOM 09/08/09 (ARGENTINA) a dream come true

and waiting for muse's upcoming latin american tour this year. i really hope they don't come to a stadium

I have seen The Killers, REM, Snow Patrol and The Zutons but I'm not a concert type of person tbh.

Abbadon wrote:and waiting for muse's upcoming latin american tour this year. i really hope they don't come to a stadium
There are no dates for Muse announced yet for Latin America (there is one in Mexico City, but that's not really Latin America right?). It will depend on how many people they think will attent the concert on where the concert takes place. If they think that a stadium in Argentinia will be sold out, then they probably use a stadium.
I'm going to see them in a park in june, I'm excited. It will be my third Muse concert!

But first tonight, Enter Shikari! Also excited! :D
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

Erik wrote:
Abbadon wrote:and waiting for muse's upcoming latin american tour this year. i really hope they don't come to a stadium
There are no dates for Muse announced yet for Latin America (there is one in Mexico City, but that's not really Latin America right?). It will depend on how many people they think will attent the concert on where the concert takes place. If they think that a stadium in Argentinia will be sold out, then they probably use a stadium.
I'm going to see them in a park in june, I'm excited. It will be my third Muse concert!

But first tonight, Enter Shikari! Also excited! :D

i know, there's no latin american tour anounced, but mexico is part of latin america so they should have :evil:

i don't personally think there are enough fans with enough money to buy the expesive tickets for a stadium concert. they were expensive enoughe for me to not to go when they came to a theatre, and the it didn't sold out the second night

enjoy your muse concert this june ;)

Small update on my concerts;

Went to see Enter Shikari, about a month ago. Very cool gig, way better then last year! Next time they're in Holland, I'm there!

Some new concerts that I want to see;

March 13th: Everlife (USA), with Revision (NL). (Not sure yet, but I really like to see Revision again!)
April 13th: Lostprophets (UK), with The Blackout (UK).
May 28th: Pinkpop Festival, with Rammstein (D), Kasabian (UK), Sungrazer (NL) and more.
June 19th: Muse (UK), with The Horrors (UK).
June 27th: Rockin' Park Festival, with Pearl Jam (USA) and more.
Aug. 19th to 21st: Pukkelpop Festival (Belgium). With Fun Lovin' Criminals (USA), Blood Red Shoes (UK) and (many, many) more.

Wohoo!

Pinkpop just confirmed new acts for the festival;
Gossip, Paulo Nutini and The Temper Trap! 8-)
Especially that last one is going to be goooooood! :lol: