Blade Runner 2049 (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vader182 wrote:I guess the good news is that this won't lose money in the long run.

Not that it matters much now.

-Vader
It won't? I assume it needs to get about 350 million worldwide. I'm pretty sure it won't get there. I doubt it'll get to 300.

Vader182 wrote:I guess the good news is that this won't lose money in the long run.

Not that it matters much now.

-Vader
You sure it won't though?

With the marketing budget + theater's cut doesn't it have to make at least another 100m to break even? Is that possible?

It won't break even in theaters, but it will on home video at some point. They won't make their money back NOW, but they will.

I'm mostly thinking about this from the POV of Alcon, since they banked a lot on this.

-Vader

I keep thinking about this film.

The world was so immersive and I feel like there is so much more to explore. It sucks that we may not get more Blade Runner movies since this bombed, but it still is really neat to think about. The world building was amazing and the visuals were beautiful.

I don't know if I can see it again in theaters but I will buy the blu ray for sure.

Just watched blade runner last night for the first time..wasn't completely blown away, movie was good not great..don't think a sequel really was needed for blade runner imo..acting was ok..visuals good lots of rain etc got kinda blah after a while..score was so so..jared leto was a goof ball in his robe..luv was lean and mean..I don't know I'll give it a 7.5/10..cinematography was good of course..preferred arrivals camera work..im sure deakins will get the oscar nom and maybe the win, should've one already imo..I still prefer hoyte's camera work on dunkirk..what he put into that is monumental especially with those massive imax cams.

Do you think this can still reach $100m domestically?

One last ride.

More an amble

m4st4 wrote:One last ride.
fuck i wish that was the tagline