Blade Runner 2049 (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

what sucks about the original Blade Runner is it takes forever to actually get going, and once it does get going it ends

so far I don't see any indication of that here, but this trailer isn't exactly doing any favors

the way its cut seems sorta standard, hopefully it's not representative of the final product and hopefully it's just the way the trailer is right now

#Villenuevepalooza

Blade Runner is unconquerable.£

Blade Runner is serious business from the opening shot until the very end. Sometimes you need one viewing to get it, sometimes three (like in my case). It's now my TOP 10 of all times. Has been since first year of college at least.

Yeah Blade Runner is one of the best sci fi films ever made. The world building on display in that movie is unrivaled IMO.

I think it looks wonderful. I haven't anticipated a sequel this much since 2008. All I wanna know is this...

How many cuts are there gonna be? Or is this movie really just another cut of the original? The Villeneuve cut?

m4st4 wrote:Blade Runner is serious business from the opening shot until the very end. Sometimes you need one viewing to get it, sometimes three (like in my case). It's now my TOP 10 of all times. Has been since first year of college at least.
I'm glad the first time I saw it was the Final Cut, I have no desire to watch the other cuts. I fell in love with it immediately. I'm really looking forward to this and as we've seen so far, they have nailed the look, but will they nail the feel? Mind I'm not expecting or wanting the exact same atmosphere as in the first film, this is a sequel after all and I'm all for them breaking new ground, too. Preferably more so than sticking to the past á la TFA for instance.

Cannot wait to see this, at the very least it's going to be a technical marvel and performance wise also great. They've got one hell of a cast and they all seem to be very into it.

Reallllllllly wish I didn't see that trailer
Since it basically reveals Gosling is a replicant

lmao....gotta give them credit here. Wonderful Gosling shade.