Blade Runner 2049 (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
antovolk wrote:dammit Blair I was gonna make that my avy. Oh well, deleted Vader shot it is...
Notice the spinner in the top right of the shot?

BlairCo wrote:
antovolk wrote:dammit Blair I was gonna make that my avy. Oh well, deleted Vader shot it is...
Notice the spinner in the top right of the shot?
Yesssss

Damn, I thought they had been shooting on film. That's a little disappointing.

But other than that it looks good. The opening shot is pretty amazing, as is the desert shot. The lighting felt off in the old precinct and I do miss the film grain. But the trailer does give me the overall Blade Runner vibes so I guess it's a success in that department.

I wonder how the new music will fair with these images. The old Blade Runner music creates the right mood almost on its own.

The visuals looks good, particularly the opening shot.

Where's the 4k download link?

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime
I was at first a little disappointed with the trailer, but the more I watch it, the better it gets.

I honestly hope Ford isn't in it a whole heap. The Force Awakens had the right amount for him, but here, I wanna keep the mystery of his character alive as well as focus on this new character that Gosling is playing.

I'm kinda disappointed they already revealed him but that's marketing for you.

m4st4 wrote:I'm kinda disappointed they already revealed him but that's marketing for you.
Well... They've gotta make the audience draw somehow. And they don't wanna turn Deckard into the Luke Skywalker for this movie where for the entirety of the plot Gosling is trying to find him.