Foreign Films

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I thought that it would be a good idea to start a thread about the recent foreign films that we have seen.

Anyway, last night I saw an Indian film entitled 3 Idiots. It's about two friends who try to find their best friend from college. Along the way, they have flashbacks of all the silly things they did. It was a laugh riot but also very touching as well. Can't wait for the DVD to come out. It's the type of movie you can watch over and over again. Also, acting was really good in this film. I was surprised by Kareena Kapoor. Usually she is unbearable in a majority of the films she stars in, but she was good in this one.

I haven't seen any foreign films lately, but The Lives of Others is my favorite. Its from Germany.

I've heard a lot of good stuff about that film.

I would recommend Lagaan, Black Friday and Rang De Basanti. Among other asian films, I would recommend all Kurosawa films and Oldboy.

What defines a Foreign Film, 'cause I only have 1 movie that is not a foreign film. I do not live in the US, so every Hollywood movie is a foreign film for me. Or do you mean, every non-US movie? Does Children Of Men or In Bruges count? Those are British.
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

Erik wrote:What defines a Foreign Film, 'cause I only have 1 movie that is not a foreign film. I do not live in the US, so every Hollywood movie is a foreign film for me. Or do you mean, every non-US movie? Does Children Of Men or In Bruges count? Those are British.

they mean foreign language

any movie they speak english in, doesnt qualify

check out Brigada[russian]....shits on any godfather movie

Erik wrote:What defines a Foreign Film, 'cause I only have 1 movie that is not a foreign film. I do not live in the US, so every Hollywood movie is a foreign film for me. Or do you mean, every non-US movie? Does Children Of Men or In Bruges count? Those are British.
For me too, almost every film is a foreing one but I think they mean non-english movies. :D

"Let the right one in" No one can miss this.

And Talli I don't think that ANY movie can shit on The goodfather. No matter how good was.
The Goodfather is a masterpiece, the rest just graet movies.

As talli and natalie said, I am referring to non English language movies.

Ah, alright.

In that case; these are my favorites:
Germany: Das Leben Der Anderen (The Lives Of Others), Good Bye Lenin!, Das Experiment (The Experiment)
Holland: Soldaat van Oranje (Soldier of Orange), Vet Hard! (Too Fat, Too Furious), Zwartboek (Black Book)
Hong Kong: Exiled, Mou Gaan Dou (Infernal Affairs) Trilogy.
South-Korea: The Host, H. (and I haven't seen Old Boy yet, but I'm pretty sure it belongs here!)
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

The most recent foreign film I watched was Fanny and Alexander.