First movie you'll watch in 2010

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The entire second act has absolutely nothing to do with the themes established in the first act. It becomes an existential horror that loses sight of the social examination it introduced in the beginning.

Eternalist wrote:The entire second act has absolutely nothing to do with the themes established in the first act. It becomes an existential horror that loses sight of the social examination it introduced in the beginning.

not at all

his transformation causes him to experience things from the other side of the fence, where as in the beginning he was the one enforcing them....it's a test to his human character, and even as he is still going through the transformation, he still tends to side with the humans because he thinks theres a chance for it to be reversed.

the social conditions are the fertilized field....and the main character's plot line is the tree that grows in it.

It did help him sympathize with the aliens but the film could have achieved the same effect without distracting from it's original premise. The idea was running strong until it became The Fly.

@GamingFreak-I saw 3 Idiots today. Really good movie!

Eternalist wrote:It did help him sympathize with the aliens but the film could have achieved the same effect without distracting from it's original premise. The idea was running strong until it became The Fly.

he really didnt sympathize with the alien

cause when he found out, he wouldnt be able to cure him right away, he flipped out on him, exposing some of his past nature...he was helping the alien for selfish reasons, rather than helping him because he wanted the father and the son to escape.

Yeah, I liked how he was more selfish and racist and not immediately heroic or sensitive to the aliens' conditions. That was a real strength in the character.

Eternalist wrote:Yeah, I liked how he was more selfish and racist and not immediately heroic or sensitive to the aliens' conditions. That was a real strength in the character.
It is. Blomkamp didn't portray him as the boring clichéd hero, he mixed it up a bit.

akv1984 wrote:@GamingFreak-I saw 3 Idiots today. Really good movie!
Glad you liked it. How was it received by the audience there?

Erik wrote:
Erik wrote:I'll probably watch Alfred Hitchcock's The 39 Steps tonight.
I got a Hitchcock collection box for Christmas, with 10 movies (though The 39 Steps is on it 3 times, one time the Hitchcock version, the others are remakes by other directors). I'm ashamed to say that I have never seen a Hitchcock movie before, but I am excited about it! :)
Are you sure. :o

GamingFreak wrote:
akv1984 wrote:@GamingFreak-I saw 3 Idiots today. Really good movie!
Glad you liked it. How was it received by the audience there?
Everyone loved it!
We went to a large theater chain that plays Hindi movies as well, AMC, it was sold out which is unheard of. So then my family and I had to drive another 30-40 miles to see it at a Bollywood cinema. Anyway, it was worth it! Really good movie!