Silver Linings Playbook (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
David O. Russell's next.

Bradley Cooper in talks to replace Wahlbergh who has a scheduling conflict. I personally love this because I like Mark but Cooper clearly has more potential. Jennifer Lawrence will play the lead female role. While Robert DeNiro is also in talks.
Plot-The Silver Linings Playbook revolves around a former high school teacher who was institutionalized for depression and then released into the care of his mother. He tries to win back his ex-wife but becomes involved with an eccentric neighbor with problems of her own. That is the part that Lawrence will play, a job she won amidst competition from a group of top young actresses who became interested after Anne Hathaway (who was originally attached with Cooper) fell out because of her schedule on the Christopher Nolan-directed Batpic The Dark Knight Rises.

Jennifer Lawrence is hot but a bit of an overrated actress.

Read the book at the start of summer. Hope the adaptation does it justice
Why you lurking my page brah?

CaliKid329 wrote:Jennifer Lawrence is hot but a bit of an overrated actress.
I don't find her that hot to be honest. I think she's pretty normal. As an actress, well depends. She doesn't seem to have range but she's still young and imo she's definitely not another Carey Mulligan... At least she tries to experience various roles unlike Mulligan.

Chris Tucker... genius.

http://www.showblitz.com/2011/09/the-re ... nings.html
"Playbook” stars Bradley Cooper as a former high school teacher who’s institutionalized for depression and released into the care of his mother. He tries to win back his ex-wife but becomes involved with an eccentric neighbor (Jennifer Lawrence) with problems of her own. Tucker will play Cooper’s spirited friend who lives in a mental hospital but often escapes to visit the troubled protag.

Nice! Chirs always plays the 'buddy' role well. :thumbup:

Boardwalk Empire‘s Shea Whigham has joined the cast of David O Russell’s The Silver Linings Playbook alongside Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence and Robert De Niro. Whigham just wrapped the second season of HBO’s Boardwalk Empire and will next be seen in the upcoming Take Shelter and the Sean Penn-starrer This Must Be The Place. He’s repped by CAA and Principal Entertainment.
I like him on Boardwalk.

Allstar wrote:Chris Tucker... genius.

http://www.showblitz.com/2011/09/the-re ... nings.html
"Playbook” stars Bradley Cooper as a former high school teacher who’s institutionalized for depression and released into the care of his mother. He tries to win back his ex-wife but becomes involved with an eccentric neighbor (Jennifer Lawrence) with problems of her own. Tucker will play Cooper’s spirited friend who lives in a mental hospital but often escapes to visit the troubled protag.
He's arguably the best actor of his generation.

dodd get your lotion ready...

November 21st, 2012 release date.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:dodd get your lotion ready...