Poorly received superhero films that you liked

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

fucking epic

the defoe cameo was epic though

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
Mason01 wrote:For me, Sandman was one of the leak links with Spider-Man 3. I mean, he even had a kind of back story, but it was just so messy.
I disagree... I think Sandman was actually the best part about Spider-Man 3. He actually had a touching back story. It really pisses me off so much that the studio fucked up so bad what could have been a great trilogy. If Raimi got what he wanted I guarantee he would have gave us something on par with the first two films.
Isn't that also kind of what happened to Jon Favreau during Iron Man 2? Or at least it seemed like it did.

Raimi seemed to give in to the request of having Venom in the film. I love Venom, he was my favorite Spidey villain during the animated series, but it felt rushed and really poorly executed in SM3. Iron Man 2 also felt weird simply because it was a huge advertisement for future Marvel films.

I think both would have been some the best superhero films ever if not for Marvel and studio interference.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Cilogy wrote:Isn't that also kind of what happened to Jon Favreau during Iron Man 2? Or at least it seemed like it did.
It definitely did to an extent. Marvel did a much better job with Thor and Captain America by not cramming in Avengers stuff. That's why I think Iron Man 3 has serious potential.

1. Watchmen
2. Hellboy
3. The Spirit (it was ok)

Addicted2Movies wrote:1. Watchmen
2. Hellboy
Definately Watchmen. It's the wierdest thing; the movie was really good, people acknowledged that for about a week and then everybody forgot about its existance. It kinda died out in the shadow of TDK. ;)

Why you lurking my page brah?

Dodd wrote:Image
I've said it before: HE IS THE CREEPIEST MAN IN THE WORLD!! :o

Sreiously though, I really liked the first ten minutes of X-Men Origins. I thought the opening credits were excellent! The film kinda headed off downhill from there, but the start was great.

Addicted2Movies wrote:1. Watchmen
2. Hellboy
Hellboy was ok. Should watch Director's Cut maybe I'll see it in a another light. I loved Hellboy 2. You can see that del Toro had more freedom with it. And both made like 99 mil and 160 mil worldwide (acording to BoxOfficeMojo). WTF?

compare H2 (85 mil budget) with Spidey 3, for example, (250 mil budget) and you'll be like :wtf: Hellboy 2 is miles away

It's not really poorly received but I never really understand why its IMDb rating is that much low and why Ebert didn't like it.