Thor: The Dark World (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
SilverHeart wrote:
lol That was hilarious. I hope they continue with The Villain Pub.

This movie doesn't get enough hate. Probably the most phoned in Marvel movie there is. :thumbdown:

Dodd wrote:This movie doesn't get enough hate. Probably the most phoned in Marvel movie there is. :thumbdown:
Hate is a strong word, especially for a movie that doesn't deserve it, more like 'meh'.

m4st4 wrote:
Dodd wrote:This movie doesn't get enough hate. Probably the most phoned in Marvel movie there is. :thumbdown:
Hate is a strong word, especially for a movie that doesn't deserve it, more like 'meh'.
Yeah your right. Movie was 'meh'. Nothing special.

Dodd wrote:
m4st4 wrote:
Aspects of it were nice - like Loki (the main attraction), or production design, almost inovative action finale... but everything else - with Natalie Portman on top - was pretty damn mediocre or below Marvel's top tier standard (Iron Man, Avengers, Thor).

Final sequence was good with the teleporting and gags. It was odd, quite literally the greatest stakes in the MCU but it was peppered with jokes here and there. I liked that.

Another cartoonish but enjoyable part is when they land in barren wreck world and you hear Loki say 'Ta-da!' offscreen. Weird.

m4st4 wrote:
Dodd wrote:
m4st4 wrote: Hate is a strong word, especially for a movie that doesn't deserve it, more like 'meh'.
Aspects of it were nice - like Loki (the main attraction), or production design, almost inovative action finale... but everything else - with Natalie Portman on top - was pretty damn mediocre or below Marvel's top tier standard (Iron Man, Avengers, Thor).
I agree. I liked it a bit more when I first saw it, but since then its "effect" has worn off for me.

Jane Foster: Malekith is going to use the Aether to end the universe... but to do so he has to be on Earth to manipulate the Aether! We just have to distract him for enough time till the Convergence has passed!

That's the actual dialogue someone put in Portman's mouth.

Also, you don't degrade Anthony Hopkins' Odin from this:

...to intolerable emotionless prick king.