Thor: The Dark World (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Mason01 wrote:Ancient. Fucking. Aliens.
Just wanted to say that for some reason, ignore my randomness.
How do I not look at these marvel movies realistically? Just because you think they suck it means I don't look at these films realistically? :facepalm:
Last edited by IWatchFilmsNotMovies on September 23rd, 2011, 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
How do I not look at these marvel movies realistically?

Mason01 wrote:
That's how I would expect someone to respond that knows they're wrong. :thumbup:

Mason01 wrote:
That's how I would expect someone to respond that knows they're wrong. :thumbup:
:lol:

Mason01 wrote:
Vader182 wrote:Attacking a film for being 'childish' when the entire purpose is escapist entertainment aimed primarily at a demographic that includes young kids to people in college is like attacking The Dark Knight for being too serious.

-Vader
Right Vader. Right.
You could at least pretend to have an argument... I don't think they're fantastic films, but they largely achieve what they were designed to.
How do I not look at these marvel movies realistically?
Without knowing exactly how you can view them, probably the cliche, uninspired, and stale scripts that are overwhelmed with predictability, mostly poor performances, and almost always the third act sucks. Iron Man's does, and Iron Man 2 is a bit of a mess in every way, Thor is pretty much ridiculous and much of the film's 'huge' action scenes are just "insert typical super powerful guy taking down idiot opponent' scene here" and I've not yet seen Captain America.

But yeah.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:Without knowing exactly how you can view them, probably the cliche, uninspired, and stale scripts that are overwhelmed with predictability, mostly poor performances, and almost always the third act sucks. Iron Man's does, and Iron Man 2 is a bit of a mess in every way, Thor is pretty much ridiculous and much of the film's 'huge' action scenes are just "insert typical super powerful guy taking down idiot opponent' scene here" and I've not yet seen Captain America.

But yeah.

-Vader
Mostly poor performances? Come on. You have to be joking.

Vader182 wrote:Without knowing exactly how you can view them, probably the cliche, uninspired, and stale scripts that are overwhelmed with predictability, mostly poor performances, and almost always the third act sucks. Iron Man's does, and Iron Man 2 is a bit of a mess in every way, Thor is pretty much ridiculous and much of the film's 'huge' action scenes are just "insert typical super powerful guy taking down idiot opponent' scene here" and I've not yet seen Captain America.

But yeah.

-Vader
Wanna know how I know you're a fanboy?

But yeah.

-Vader
The leads are usuuuaally great, but the rest? ...come on mate. It's bad

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:The leads are usuuuaally great, but the rest? ...come on mate. It's bad

-Vader
Again you have to be joking. You are really going to sit here and tell me that Jeff Bridges, Tom Hiddleston, SAM ROCKWELL, Hugo Weaving, Tommy Lee Jones, Stanley Tucci, Hayley Atwell, Gwyneth Paltrow, Terrance Howard, Anthony Hopkins, Tim Roth, etc are bad? Not to mention how great the leads are like RDJ, Hemsworth, Norton and Evans. Also, Renner and Ruffalo who are sure to bring the goods.

Vader182 wrote:The leads are usuuuaally great, but the rest? ...come on mate. It's bad

-Vader
Again you have to be joking. You are really going to sit here and tell me that Jeff Bridges, Tom Hiddleston, Hugo Weaving, Tommy Lee Jones, Stanley Tucci, Hayley Atwell, Gwyneth Paltrow, Terrance Howard, Anthony Hopkins, Tim Roth, etc are bad? Not to mention how great the leads are like RDJ, Hemsworth, Norton and Evans. Also, Renner and Ruffalo who are sure to bring the goods.
Some of that is just hyperbole, like with Renner (who only has a few good performances that are almost identical playing one or two dimensional characters in both) and Ruffalo (we haven't seen a second of his performance).

Additionally, yeah, those are probably the weakest performances of almost all those actors. You conveniently ignored almost everyone in Thor other than Hemsworth/Hiddleston/Hopkins, everyone gives embarrassingly bad performances, Natalie Portman is fucking horrendous, all of his friends are... beyond awful, the list goes on.

-Vader