Thor: The Dark World (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
How are the events of The Avengers go into the sequel of Thor? I’m assuming that’s being put together or you guys are thinking about it now.

Feige: We start filming in three months, it’s well underway. Look, the way The Avengers is constructed, not a lot of time passes over the course of the movie and whether it’s Cap or Thor on the ground in the States here in modern day, they don’t have a lot of time to deal to deal with their own stories, they’ve gotta deal with the stories of The Avengers. So while the relationship between Loki and Thor certainly has changed and has progressed, a lot of Thor 2 is picking up where it left off in terms of Jane, who you just saw for a moment on a computer monitor, and also what’s been going on in the nine realms without the Asgardians being able to use the Bifrost? I will just say it’s not good.

Are you filming that in North Carolina as well?

Feige: No that’s in London.

I’m assuming most of the cast is coming back?

Thor-2-loki-tom-hiddlestonFeige: All of the cast is coming back.

I’m assuming you’ve figured out the villain. Is Loki a big part, is he a minor part?

Feige: Loki has a part, but there will be a different villain, another big villain. But you can’t do a Thor movie without Loki.

Are we going to see Oden’s vault again? Is anything missing out of the vault or is anyone going after something in the vault?

Feige: You know, it remains to be seen. Whether it’s specifically that or along those same lines, the darn thing about the nine realms is that there are a lot of relics. Whether it’s a Casket of Ancient Winters or a Tesseract or something else, they wreak a lot of havoc.

How has Thor’s growth into a man shaping what you wanna do in the sequel, in terms of him being an adult?

Feige: Well it’s sort of the crux of the whole sequel and it’s what Hemsworth is most excited about diving into, and it’s what is the heart of story; it’s Thor and Jane, to continue that dynamic. Really they were only together for three days, and do they love each other? Do they like each other? Do they know each other? We’re acknowledging that that love story in the first movie was sort of a quick crush, essentially, over the course of three quick days in the middle of the desert. And [the heart of the movie is also] the relationship between Thor and Oden, which does change drastically as it did over the course of the first movie, and picks up and continues from there.
http://collider.com/kevin-feige-thor-2- ... ew/158942/

Did he just confirm a Jane Foster cameo for Avengers?

Also, noting the ridiculously contrived relationship in Thor, and actually building on that as a plot point in the sequel is awesome. Taking a flaw from the past and literally addressing it is an awesome idea.

"I have read a script and we start shooting in August. I met with Alan Taylor a couple of months ago and Natalie Portman and I and Alan and a couple of Marvel guys and it was hugely exciting. Ken [Branagh] did such a wonderful job and, with scheduling or what have you, he didn’t end up doing this one, but I’m a big fan of the GAME OF THRONES series, which is Alan’s latest work, and I think that is what’s exciting about the second one: making it sort of more tangible and having a more organic feel to Asgard and that world.

I think the science fiction element to THOR… the danger is it falls a little bit into the world of it’s “tough to throw a light to.” I think of big waterfalls and mountains and a Viking influence, where the Norse mythology kind of grew from. Having that in Asgard is going to make it all the more special and that’s what Alan wants to bring to it. I think that would be the new aspect to this one.
- Hemsworth

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
"I have read a script and we start shooting in August. I met with Alan Taylor a couple of months ago and Natalie Portman and I and Alan and a couple of Marvel guys and it was hugely exciting. Ken [Branagh] did such a wonderful job and, with scheduling or what have you, he didn’t end up doing this one, but I’m a big fan of the GAME OF THRONES series, which is Alan’s latest work, and I think that is what’s exciting about the second one: making it sort of more tangible and having a more organic feel to Asgard and that world.

I think the science fiction element to THOR… the danger is it falls a little bit into the world of it’s “tough to throw a light to.” I think of big waterfalls and mountains and a Viking influence, where the Norse mythology kind of grew from. Having that in Asgard is going to make it all the more special and that’s what Alan wants to bring to it. I think that would be the new aspect to this one.
- Hemsworth
Awesome.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

Say what you want about that casting, but he is one helluva boss.

Yes, it was so predictable you literally didn't know until just now he was in it.

As long as Loki gets decent screen time then I don't curr.

I don't know about being predictable but Mads Mikkelsen is a great actor and deserves more attention. This might be his second ticket in. Hope he nails it.

He is type cast. He is playing a villain in a movie he is filming right now and his most known for role was playing a villain in a big blockbuster. Not saying he is not a good actor but it just seems like they could of got someone more surprising.
Last edited by Allstar on May 24th, 2012, 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.