Most Underrated Movies?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vader182 wrote:
This isn't a singular complaint of the film, by the way. Almost all of it feels contrived. It just happens to be well acted and mostly well shot so it's pretty awesome a lot of the time.

-Vader
You love nitpicking don't you? :lol: Maybe you should re watch it again soon and specifically point out the scenes so I can try to debate. ;)

allstarr55js wrote:
Vader182 wrote:
This isn't a singular complaint of the film, by the way. Almost all of it feels contrived. It just happens to be well acted and mostly well shot so it's pretty awesome a lot of the time.

-Vader
You love nitpicking don't you? :lol: Maybe you should re watch it again soon and specifically point out the scenes so I can try to debate. ;)
Certain flaws are far more grave than others, I think. Here,

Inception- I fucking hate how he cuts all the wide's so quickly, action is shot a bit odd in some parts, hallway fight should be way longer and better shot, the editing is weird altogether, the way the snow scenes were shot in general is a bit weird, a huge flaw is that in the third level nothing particularly 'crazy' happens and it plays out like a James Bond movie without any kind of ...science fiction element driving it making it a bit 'meh' in context, Nolan hand-held the audience way too much restating information several times throughout the running time, distractingly so at times, and a lot of it looks a bit underexposed and unintentionally dull. I'm mostly talking about the snow scenes there. The scale of the film is somewhat killed compared to TDK and after him rambling about how he wanted to open up the scale so much more and really show the infinite power of the human mind, it just didn't really do that as much as he seemed to have wanted.

But here's the thing, in the context of the momentum and beautifully constructed and endlessly imaginative almost everything (aside of what was mentioned), it works wonders like no other and is my favorite film ever that isn't Star Wars or Lord of the Rings. I fucking love this movie, and I honestly think it's one of the best ever made, an instant classic.

I don't care how much I do or don't like a film, I see it's flaws. I also see what's good about it, and it's that relationship and how that effects my viewing experience that counts, and things like character and/or plot logic and dues ex machinas really cheapens the whole experience for me, making it a far less satisfying film.

I hope that makes sense.

-Vader

Vader. Since you're annoyed by lack of logic and moments of sheer stupidity in movies, what's your take on the genius that Signs is?

RIFA wrote:Vader. Since you're annoyed by lack of logic and moments of sheer stupidity in movies, what's your take on the genius that Signs is?
It's a surprisingly tense film, actually. Character logic doesn't add up much in terms of how and why they do certain things, and there's the whole...
'twist'
. It's a very... preposterous film. Overall, it's an 'okay' time.

-Vader

wow.

RIFA wrote:wow.
Wow it up.

is there a problem officer?

-Vader

That movie has more flaws and logic mistakes than a pregnant virgin.

Here's the movie synopsis:
It's funny you bash a Coen movie or Pan's Labyrinth, yet this is all okay. :lol: :shifty:

RIFA wrote:That movie has more flaws and logic mistakes than a pregnant virgin.

It's funny you bash a Coen movie or Pan's Labyrinth, yet this is all okay. :lol: :shifty:
Did you take funny pills today? Lmao.

RIFA wrote:That movie has more flaws and logic mistakes than a pregnant virgin.

It's about expectations. I went in knowing it would probably suck, and wanted a thrilling 2 hours or whatever, and it was, so it was an 'okay' time despite being preposterous on just about every level. ...doesn't that make sense?

-Vader