Noah (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
m4st4 wrote:
Rohan wrote:Both the trailer and teaser poster are presented, sadly, in an enervated manner. I expect the film's pace to be sluggish, although, the trailer suggests a pacing issue. I expect again to see less VFX and be involved with a plot driven film as much as character driven. From this, I also expect to see on point character arc and less attention to ark itself captained by the character himself.
The trailer suggested that, really?
Indeed. Though the film still sits, as we discuss, in the post-production phase.

RIFA wrote:
Rohan wrote:Both the trailer and teaser poster are presented, sadly, in an enervated manner. I expect the film's pace to be sluggish, although, the trailer suggests a pacing issue. I expect again to see less VFX and be involved with a plot driven film as much as character driven. From this, I also expect to see on point character arc and less attention to ark itself captained by the character himself.
Pretty much agree. This movie looks weird as hell for me. There are nice things in this trailer but also a lot of CGI, a lot of Supermanish stuff, a lot of pretentious framing... I don't see the grittiness I'm looking for from a Noah film.

On top of that... if Ridley would have been in charge of this. At least he would have tried to make it as realistic as possible.... he would have built half and ark and rented all the animals from 5 different zoos. To me it looks like something that could be way over Aronofsky's head in terms of scale. Because he succeeded from the trailer to make the scale look animated and smaller than it should actually be.
It's one of the films I am really looking forward to.

1: True. It lacks the grittiness and that edgier painting like cinematography.
2: Ridley Scott; Peter Weir and Ang Lee.
3: That's possible. This may be is too much of a load for Darren.

Though, Darren, as we all know, is a bold artist. He's shot the way he always wanted a film based on Noah should look like. That's his take. - I am a bit worried as Darren is more of an independent film-maker, and often independent film-makers' product turns out not so impressive once they enter the big-boy studio system.

I guess we have to just wait and see. Hope it delivers.
Last edited by Rohan on November 14th, 2013, 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

What exactly is pretentious framing? :lol:

Jax_Teller wrote:What exactly is pretentious framing? :lol:
Framing that attempts to impress.

BlairCo wrote:
Jax_Teller wrote:What exactly is pretentious framing? :lol:
Framing that attempts to impress.
Yes. Also type of framing that goes against the context and just screams for attention for supposedly artistic reasons. For example the close-ups in this thing are just trivial. Like what the hell is that? Why would you shoot in such way when it goes against most of the style that we're seeing in the trailer. It's like a mashup of styles that don't fit well together. And it comes from the intention to impress...

I don't like that it's shot in 1.33:1, especially with the amount of close-up shots. Like I said, the faces take up the entire screen.

Not really impressed :?

Looks good, but I'm not impressed as everybody else.

And the more it's less religious (no offense to religious members) the better it is for me.

Seems like a Biblical Epic. That's all I expected of it. I'm content.