Iron Man 2 Trailer

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Okay, so I just watched the new Iron Man 2 trailer and I'm not very impressed. I thought this might be a fun thing to discuss in the forums. Here is one of my main complaints about it: it is just another Iron Man film. The first one was a decent surprise, but it really didn't do anything for me. The second seems exactly the same way. And I really think that they are relying too heavily on CGI...some moments looks too fake. Robert Downey Jr. is always awesome, and Mickey Rourke as Whiplash (can you say odd actor choice) looks really cool.

I don't know. I'm a tad biased because The Dark Knight is the highest standard of superhero films (and far superior to Iron Man), but I think that, at least from the trailer, nothing significant seems to have changed from the first Iron Man. Overall, the Iron Man series seems closer to the Spiderman film series than the Nolan Batman one. I guess they're just two different pedigrees, though I definitely prefer the latter.

Yeah, I'm not very impressed either. But at least the first two Spider-Man movies had a lot of drama! I mean... they were full of life and emotions, especially Spider-Man 2. Iron Man is... it's only a man in a robot-suit. Oh, and he shoots a lot. That's it, I don't really get the emotions in this character. Yeah, I know that in the comic-books he's alcoholic, but I don't see that the makers of the film want to put that in the movie. So... I didn't really get excited after the trailer.

I think that with Iron Man 2, people are pretty much expecting just another comic book movie, nothing more, nothing less. I don't think anything is going to be significantly better than the first other than an increase in action and more cohesiveness. Much like Spider-Man 2, it's basically a redo of the first Spider-Man but more polished. My biggest complaint with the footage so far is that there's a lot of things that look really silly.

I'm getting a bit tired of all of the cookie-cutter comic book movies. Other than the Nolan Batman movies and Singer's X-Men movies (although the X-Men movies were hugely inconsistent with the comics), there's not really anything breaking the mold. Iron Man 2 looks like it's going to be sitting comfortably within the mold. I think that's where people are going to get really tired of comic book movies unless studios start bringing some more unconventional ideas.

I agree with you Jake that after The Dark Knight I'm expecting a hell of a lot more and so far, most comic book movies, and even most blockbusters, haven't been delivering.

I think that with Iron Man 2, people are pretty much expecting just another comic book movie, nothing more, nothing less.
I've heard people saying things like 'this will be the definitive comic book film' so I think some people out there are expecting a lot. Of course some of this talk is the old Marvel vs DC rivalry at play so I don't pay it much mind, but the reaction to this trailer was still terribly positive. But then people always rave about flashy trailers. The only thing that interests me about IM 2 is Mickey Rourke and maybe Scarlett.
I think that's where people are going to get really tired of comic book movies unless studios start bringing some more unconventional ideas.
I agree.

Bueller wrote:
I think that with Iron Man 2, people are pretty much expecting just another comic book movie, nothing more, nothing less.
I've heard people saying things like 'this will be the definitive comic book film' so I think some people out there are expecting a lot.
By "definitive comic book movie" they must mean literally that, a comic book movie. Nothing that's unconventional or transcendent, just a movie based on a comic book.

I love Mickey Rourke but he looks really goofy in this.

I actually loved IRON MAN. I thought was funny and full of action. Like many of you here I am not impressed with Iron Man 2 trailer at all. I hope they release a better trailer soon. I like the posters so far. The best about IM2 is that it doesn't have Terrance Howard in it. I am so happy they took Terrance Howard out.

I am sure the movie will be great.

iron man wasnt a mold comic book movie

and iron man 2 should be really good

there's a major chunk of the storyline not covered in the trailer

sam rockwell is the main villain, where as mickey rourke is a secondary, yet the trailer focuses on him and the scarlett johansson characters

talli wrote:iron man wasnt a mold comic book movie
Really? It's template was the exact same as Batman Begins.

Honestly, the trailer bored me.

CrazyEight wrote:Honestly, the trailer bored me.
Me too.