TRON: Ascension (TBD)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I would like to see this film getting made.

The ending to Legacy left so much potential and so many thrilling questions, it's a shame this isn't getting made right now. I'd pay to see this in the theatres (yes, even without Daft Punk, granted I feel if they could get brought back it'd be amazing) to see stuff like that. It changed the game by bringing Quorra into the real world and I feel like so many people ignored that.

It'd be on my most anticipated movie list for sure.

I think the script was in good shape. What I’m excited about is the concept.
That right there is Kosinski's biggest problem, as much as I like the guy as a director.£

Dammit, when I saw this thread reappear I hoped for some news...

TRON Legacy was great, one of my favorites of 2010, and I really hoped this would get made but the chances of that happening are getting slimmer and slimmer unfortunately.

Bacon wrote:The ending to Legacy left so much potential and so many thrilling questions, it's a shame this isn't getting made right now. I'd pay to see this in the theatres (yes, even without Daft Punk, granted I feel if they could get brought back it'd be amazing) to see stuff like that. It changed the game by bringing Quorra into the real world and I feel like so many people ignored that.

Must say that it is interesting to see this getting made in a couple of more years from now. Damn, Tron Legacy is already from 2011, six years old ffs but I like the idea of the technology being more advanced to tell the story they want to tell.

Bacon wrote:The ending to Legacy left so much potential and so many thrilling questions, it's a shame this isn't getting made right now. I'd pay to see this in the theatres (yes, even without Daft Punk, granted I feel if they could get brought back it'd be amazing) to see stuff like that. It changed the game by bringing Quorra into the real world and I feel like so many people ignored that.

There was also the
Flynn Lives short released around the time of the blu-ray, I think.

Nomis wrote:

Must say that it is interesting to see this getting made in a couple of more years from now. Damn, Tron Legacy is already from 2011, six years old ffs but I like the idea of the technology being more advanced to tell the story they want to tell.
It may not. There's no guarantee now especially since Disney loves milking its cash cows dry currently.

WTF