TRON: Ascension (TBD)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Although there have been rumblings that Disney was prepping a follow-up to Tron: Legacy, it wasn't a sure-fire bet that we'd see a third chapter.

Any speculation can be lifted, however. Disney has hired David DiGilio to pen the next entry. DiGilio's roots began with Disney; he wrote the 2006 film Eight Below.

With a visual blueprint of the world of Tron already created, THR says the studio will be able to keep the production costs down.

DiGilio recently sold a sci-fi pitch to Showtime entitled Last H.O.P.E. (the latter part of that moniker standing for "Hospital on Planet Earth"). He also created the 2007 series Traveler.

No word yet as to when DiGilio needs to have the next Tron completed. It's also too soon to tell if Joseph Kosinski will be back to direct.
I will be pretty disappointed if Kosinski is not back to direct but I think he will be based on his previous statements.

Read more: Disney Hires Writer for Tron: Legacy Sequel - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienew ... z1OdmOeXNP

Really does Tron 3 deserve 2 threads... its chaos without CHEE!

Z. Cobb wrote:Really does Tron 3 deserve 2 threads... its chaos without CHEE!
Huh? I did not know a thread was made for it.

It looks like there was some sort of glitch when you posted, because it's showing the same thread posted twice by you at the same time.

steveportee wrote:It looks like there was some sort of glitch when you posted, because it's showing the same thread posted twice by you at the same time.
That is odd.... a mod should delete the other one.

Nice, good to see this finally getting underway. Kosinski is working on another film now, so I think his return will depend on when they want to start shooting.

A Glitch on NolanFans!!!

Crazy Eight wrote:Nice, good to see this finally getting underway. Kosinski is working on another film now, so I think his return will depend on when they want to start shooting.
Hopefully he does his other film and they take their time with the story and the script and it will turn out great.

Looking forward to Cillian's performance as Edward Dillinger Jr.

That makes me super excited, with a proper story this could basically be the best thing ever.

-Vader