FOX's Terra Nova

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Terra Nova is an American science fiction drama television series that is scheduled to air on Fox in 2011 as a fall series, executive produced by Steven Spielberg and showrunner Brannon Braga, among others.

PLOT: The show begins in the year 2149, a time when all life on planet Earth is threatened with extinction. In an effort to save the human race, scientists develop a portal allowing travel 85 million years back in time to prehistoric Earth. The Shannon family (father Jim, his wife Elisabeth, and their three children Josh, Maddy and Zoe) join the tenth pilgrimage of settlers to Terra Nova, the first human colony on the other side of the temporal doorway. However, they are unaware that the colony is in the middle of a group of carnivorous dinosaurs.

The two-hour premiere episode required more than 250 sets, reportedly costing $16 million, with some of the sets to reused over the course of the season.

Wait, I think my brain is still being stupid. Does the summary say that the humans are running around with dinosaurs?

I'll check out the pilot.

From DEADLINE:

Outside of the promotional trailer and a couple of private screenings, Fox and 20th Century Fox TV have kept the pilot episode of the Steven Spielberg- and Peter Chernin-produced prehistoric drama Terra Nova under wraps. That is because the studio will make the premiere at the upcoming Comic-Con convention in San Diego next month.
SATURDAY, JULY 23

Terra Nova: Star Stephen Lang (Avatar), executive producer Rene Echevarria (Castle, Medium, The 4400, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine), executive producer Brannon Braga (24, Star Trek: Enterprise) and co-executive producer Jose Molina will finally unveil this epic adventure series 85 million years in the making, set to premiere this September on Fox. This new event drama from the brilliant minds of Steven Spielberg (Jurassic Park, The Pacific) and Peter Chernin follows an ordinary family on an extraordinary journey back in time to prehistoric Earth as a part of a massive expedition to save the human race.
http://www.deadline.com/2011/06/20th-to ... ore-140867

Anyone else find this very reminiscent of Avatar? They even have the same actor!

Looks good.

Terranova is the show that has been canceled, postponed, and got a new premiere date cause they just could not get the Dino CGI up to par. Dunno what to think until I SEE it. Same with Falling Skies

Just saw Falling Skies. It was a HUGE "meh"

Featurette:

Propaganda: