Your Dream Project

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
what is your dream movie which you wish it would become true, but it never does. (you can use all the actresses and actors at any age you want and also all the directors in the history of cinema)

I wish if Kubrick would had made a movie about Napoleon (which he always wanted to do) with Orson Welles in the role of French Emperor, Lawrence Olivier as the Duke of Wellington, Max Von Sydow (I know he is swedish) as Blucher and John Huston as old Louis XVIII.

also I always wanted to see a version of Les Miserables directed by David Lean with Robert DeNiro as Valjean, Al Pacino as Javert, Miranda Richardson as Fantine, Joe Pesci as Thenardier, Richard Harris as Bishop Myriel, Johnny Depp as Marius, Chris Bale as Gavroche and young Isabelle Adjani as Cossete

The Gargoyle (based on the novel by Andrew Davidson)

Director: Christopher Nolan/Peter Jackson
Cast: Christian Bale (Burned Man) / Marion Cotillard (Marianne Engel)

"Son of the Sun" (the story of Egypt around 1353-1336 BCE ruled by Akhenaten also known as "the first individual")

Director: Ridley Scott/David FIncher
Cast: Michael Fassbender (Akhenaten), Olivia Wilde/Anne Hathaway (Queen Nefertiti), Mila Kunis/Natalie Portman (Tiye), Orlando Bloom (Sinuhe), Ryan Gosling (Horemheb)...

Award winning...

RIFA wrote: Orlando Bloom (Sinuhe), Ryan Gosling (Horemheb)...
Sorry, incredibly off topic but, what ever happened to Bloom? where'd he go after pirates 3?

MW715 wrote:
RIFA wrote: Orlando Bloom (Sinuhe), Ryan Gosling (Horemheb)...
Sorry, incredibly off topic but, what ever happened to Bloom? where'd he go after pirates 3?
He went and had a baby, with her! I'd drop my film career for that quite frankly.

Instead of this, I'd like to share some projects that failed, but I just wish were better.

The Last Airbender
The story of the TV show could have been the base for an Epic trilogy. Unfortionately, it was not. Not at all.

Jericho (TV series)
I started watching this show, but stopped somewhere at episode 10. It was just too bad.
Anyway, the main story line of a town that get's cut of from the rest of the world due to a nuclear attack is just really strong. So after a while, I started watching again. The show turned out to be quite bad, but the concept is very good...

Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen
The first one was entertaining. The second one: no further comment.
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

Erik wrote:Instead of this, I'd like to share some projects that failed, but I just wish were better.

The Last Airbender
The story of the TV show could have been the base for an Epic trilogy. Unfortionately, it was not. Not at all.
I agree. I would like to see it redone in a few years.

solo2001 wrote:
MW715 wrote: Sorry, incredibly off topic but, what ever happened to Bloom? where'd he go after pirates 3?
He went and had a baby, with her! I'd drop my film career for that quite frankly.
:twothumbsup: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :P :P :P :lol: :) ;) ;) ;) ;) :o :judge: :clap: :twothumbsup:
Why you lurking my page brah?

Area 51

A insight into the life of a Area 51 scientist, how he goes about his day in the greatest secret military base in the world. After studying a fall of meteors from an unknown location in space, he finds living microscopic alien life, which infects him with a disease. He slowly starts to change in appearance, and goes on the run from the entire US military who are after him, engaging in chases through the Nevada desert and Las Vegas both on foot and in vehicle. It would have multiple supporting plot lines also, as well as a split romance story to spice the drama and emotion up a bit.

I'd want it to be a three hour plus film, directed by either Christopher Nolan, Duncan Jones, Neill Blomkamp, Steven Spielberg or James Cameron.

Starring Leonardo De Caprio as the scientist, Angelina Jolie as his wife, Marion Cottilard as his separate love interest and a supporting cast including Matt Damon, Tom Hanks, Liam Neeson, Jessica Alba, Morgan Freeman, Uma Thurman and Robert De Niro.

Mafia

A complete look into a gangsters life in 1930's through to 1960's America. A young Amercan has ambition to gain respect and become a gangster, rising through the ranks but damaging his relationship with his family and his friends. A romance story would also be in there somewhere, as well as a to of plot twists and turns.

I'd love it to be directed by either Christopher Nolan, Martin Scorsese, Ridley Scott, Quentin Tarantino or Frank Darabont.

Starring Christian Bale, Matt Damon, Tom Hardy, Angelina Jolie, Michele Rodriguez, Jessica Alba, Marion Cottilard, Bruce Willis, Brad Pitt, Al Pacino, Robert De Niro, Sharon Stone, Mark Whalberg and Anne Hathaway.

Modern day political thriller

Directed by Michael Mann starring Tobey Maguire, Ryan Gosling and James Franco. Something similar to State of Play but with a cooler twist.

LA Crime Drama
Directed by Michael Mann or Alfonso Cuarón. Starring Tobey Maguire, Ed Norton and Bradley Cooper. A crime syndicate triangle rivals each other for urban respect and also a complicated love triangle is intertwined with epic shootouts.
Why you lurking my page brah?

The Most Dangerous Game
Based on the short story. I almost wrote a full script for this once.
Director: Probably David Fincher or Edward Zwick
Starring: Mark Wahlberg, Steve Zahn, Mark Strong Rachel McAdams.

A Western
Produced/Directed/etc. by Nolan & Co. (Emma, Wally, Guy Hendrix-Dyas, Lee Smith, Zimmer, etc.)

Starring:
Viggo Mortensen, Daniel Day Lewis, Natalie Portman, Sam Rockwell

And it wouldn't be boring as hell. It would have gun-toting chases on horse back, train robberies, old wooden houses exploding and the main character would have split personalities. So besides Viggo fighting off DDL and his gang of cronies, he is also fighting off his alter ego. Adds a psychological aspect to the film, as is often required in a Nolan film.

:shifty: Been playing too much Red Dead Redemption.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.