Only God Forgives (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I'm really looking forward to this film, although I'm avoiding all these excess trailers like the plauge. Don't know how many people have seen Refen's Bronson, but stylistically and in tone it's a very different film from Drive. Those who are expecting this to be Drive 2 are bound to be disappointed.
Last edited by Echovoid_52 on April 28th, 2013, 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wasnt expecting this to be Drive 2, but yeah it feels very different.

Peeps, Refn shot lots of different movies prior to Drive, you do know that? Check 'em out.

Echovoid_52 wrote:I'm really looking forward to this film, although I'm avoiding all these excess trailers like the plauge. Don't know how many people have seen Refen's Bronson, but stylistically and in tone it's a very different film from Drive. Those who are expecting this to be Drive 2 are bound to be disappointed.
And Valhalla Rising has a different tone than both. Refn has different styles within his own personal signature.

Sandy wrote:
Echovoid_52 wrote:I'm really looking forward to this film, although I'm avoiding all these excess trailers like the plauge. Don't know how many people have seen Refen's Bronson, but stylistically and in tone it's a very different film from Drive. Those who are expecting this to be Drive 2 are bound to be disappointed.
And Valhalla Rising has a different tone than both. Refn has different styles within his own personal signature.
And Pusher trilogy (still my favorite besides Drive), Bronson...

Damn, I need to watch other Refn's films. So far I've only seen Drive :neutral:

d4mi4n wrote:
Sandy wrote:
And Pusher trilogy (still my favorite besides Drive), Bronson...
i'm wit chu

It's his best work to this date. :judge:

Ruth wrote:Damn, I need to watch other Refn's films. So far I've only seen Drive :neutral:
Same, I'm just not very attracted to his other movies. Got Valhalla to check out on Netflix.