Films You Tried To Like... But Failed

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Mason01 wrote: Second I'd probably go for the original three Star Wars films and the Lord Of The Rings Trilogy. Seriously, I don't get why these are so highly acclaimed. The Lord Of The Rings franchise is boring, stale and corny as hell in my view, and the Star Wars saga is just awful.
I find Star Wars is alot like religion. If you don't get brainwashed into loving it as a child, you probably won't be into it as an adult.

& Offended People Count: 5
Last edited by Disney+'s solo2001 on April 25th, 2011, 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sucker punch reminded me of Black Swan. All the crying and girly stuff and so on. I liked almost everything about both movies, but it's still 'like' not 'love'.

I can't stand the cheesy narration of SP though. I just can't stand it.
solo2001 wrote:
Mason01 wrote: Second I'd probably go for the original three Star Wars films and the Lord Of The Rings Trilogy. Seriously, I don't get why these are so highly acclaimed. The Lord Of The Rings franchise is boring, stale and corny as hell in my view, and the Star Wars saga is just awful.
I find Star Wars is alot like religion. If you don't get brainwashed into loving it as a child, you probably won't be into it as an adult.

& Offended People Count: 5
Yeah I think we could say the same for Indiana Jones movies as well. Man I love those movies, but I tried to make a friend at my age like them and I failed, because he didn't see them as a kid. I guess.

Though my ex gf loved the whole SW saga and she saw em 2 years ago.

solo2001 wrote:I find Star Wars is alot like religion. If you don't get brainwashed into loving it as a child, you probably won't be into it as an adult.
I never liked it as a kid either. Maybe that's why I've never truly liked Star Wars, or even valued and respected it as much as others do. I suppose if you loved a film as a child it stick with you for life, or some of it...

Silence of the Lambs
Black Swan
Gran Torino
LA Confidential
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Amelie
Braveheart
Pan's Labyrinth
The Social Network
Pulp Fiction

Kill me if you must.
Not saying they are all bad films. I just feel completely indifferent to them.
Last edited by steveportee on April 25th, 2011, 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Indiana Jones. I've tried and I've tried, but nothing. I just don't care for the movies.

I can't take it. This thread's gonna gimme cancer!

Raging Bull- I love Scorsese but this is my least favorite film of his I have seen and it is considered one of his best. It is not bad my any stretch though and DeNiro gives a amazing performance, I just was not that into the story.

Se7en - got pretty boring after a while
The Godfather - it was a pretty okay drama, but I don't see how it was one of the best films, I just don't
American Beauty - also got boring easily
Taxi Driver
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

The Wedding Singer. I really tried to give it a chance but i failed lol
Why you lurking my page brah?

I'm gonna put my tin foil hat now.