Films You Tried To Like... But Failed

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
OK, so are there any films that are considered "absolute classics" loved by millions of film fans, which you'd love to like and have in your favorite films list, but just can't get through it?

I'll start. I think The Good, The Bag & The Ugly is a good film. It's considered a classic, loved my lots and lots of people. I watched it, and I really did want to like it and I wanted it to be in my favorites, but I just couldn't get into it. It's on of those films that drags and has small, interesting moments. The music annoyed me and the acting really put me off (I gather it was 1966, but I didn't consider any of the performances that good, if I'm truly honest).

Second I'd probably go for the original three Star Wars films and the Lord Of The Rings Trilogy. Seriously, I don't get why these are so highly acclaimed. The Lord Of The Rings franchise is boring, stale and corny as hell in my view, and the Star Wars saga is just awful. Obviously, it's my opinion, which I know some will complain about, like "you HAVE to like Star Wars, you HAVE to like Lord Of The Rings". No, I don't, there freaking rubbish.

Lastly I'll have to go with The Silence Of The Lambs. I agree, this is a terrific film. Nice performances (mostly) and a solid atmosphere. But really, one of the greats? Far from it. It's pretty much a task to sit though, I find it completely unbearable at times.

So... what about you guys? :)

Offended people count: 1

prince0gotham wrote:Offended people count: 1
:lol:

Didn't take long.

:P I'm sure every poster in this thread will be offended at one time or another so the count will end up equal to the number of posters in the thread

Offended people count: 2

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:Offended people count: 2
I wonder who'll be the third?

:think: ...

Well if no one else posts about his own movie disappointments there might not be that many.

I liked Black Swan but I thought it's overrated. Not really 'terribly overrated' but yeah. Overrated.

Offended people count: 3
:problem:

Offended People Count: 4

Black Swan... i thought it was going to be top notch... but it ended up being a poorly thought out script, pretty stupid at times, a washed with style from the director.