Films You Tried To Like... But Failed

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The Silence of The Lambs(awful,overrated crap)
Scarface(good but I dont love it and dont see it as a classic)
Jaws(good but I dont love it and dont see it as a classic)

Donnie Darko (2001)..........................6.5/10
Star Wars Trilogy (1977-1980-1983).......7/10
Collateral (2004)..............................7/10
The Game (1997)..............................7/10
Shrek (2001)....................................7/10
Knocked Up (2007)............................6.5/10
The Last Samurai (2003).....................7/10
Borat (2006)....................................4/10
The Royal Tenenbaums (2001)...............7/10
Spider Man 2 (2004)...........................7/10 £

How can people not love the original Star Wars trilogi. Seriously, something went wrong in your upbringing.
Cilogy wrote:Se7en - got pretty boring after a while
The Godfather - it was a pretty okay drama, but I don't see how it was one of the best films, I just don't
American Beauty - also got boring easily
Taxi Driver
Which film do you like then?
hoppity-kick wrote:FIGHT CLUB
How can you not love this masterpiece?

HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE THE G... fuck this.

District 9. I went into this with extremely high expectations, given the insane buzz around it from friends and critics alike, and left the theater with one of my worst movie going experiences to date. Awful, awful film. Amazing special affects, appalling everything else.

Donnie Darko's garbage also. Honestly, it makes no sense, doesn't pretend to not make sense, and abides by every convention depressed and emo kids thought were cool ten years ago. Awful film.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:District 9. I went into this with extremely high expectations, given the insane buzz around it from friends and critics alike, and left the theater with one of my worst movie going experiences to date. Awful, awful film. Amazing special affects, appalling everything else.

Donnie Darko's garbage also. Honestly, it makes no sense, doesn't pretend to not make sense, and abides by every convention depressed and emo kids thought were cool ten years ago. Awful film.

-Vader
I think Im gonna have a heart attack...
watch directors cut and you will see that it makes sense-dont wanna watch,then just read this:
http://www.themoviegoer.com/donnie_darko.htm it makes fucking perfect sense

Mr. Caine wrote:
Vader182 wrote:District 9. I went into this with extremely high expectations, given the insane buzz around it from friends and critics alike, and left the theater with one of my worst movie going experiences to date. Awful, awful film. Amazing special affects, appalling everything else.

-Vader
I think Im gonna have a heart attack...
watch directors cut and you will see that it makes sense-dont wanna watch,then just read this:
http://www.themoviegoer.com/donnie_darko.htm it makes fucking perfect sense
I've read it all. It made less sense after watching the directors cut with commentary. The film's logistics just pave way for creepy things to happen, for creepy imagery, and creepy/depressed/trendy things to randomly... just... happen. Believe me, I'm not alone. Some of my best friends LOVED this film when it came out, argued with me endlessly about this point, rewatched it, and suddenly realized... after they grew up, it stopped making sense.

If you love it, so be it, I just can't stand the film.

-Vader

Oh well Donnie Darko is not for everyone :lol: Now Fight Club-how the fuck could someone dont like that masterpiece :(

Mr. Caine wrote:Oh well Donnie Darko is not for everyone :lol: Now Fight Club-how the fuck could someone dont like that masterpiece :(
Nah, it's cool,
shooting yoursel in the head totally cures any variety of psychotic disorders.
-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
Mr. Caine wrote:Oh well Donnie Darko is not for everyone :lol: Now Fight Club-how the fuck could someone dont like that masterpiece :(
Nah, it's cool,
shooting yoursel in the head totally cures any variety of psychotic disorders.
-Vader
:lol: