TDK opening day record broken

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

RIFA wrote:Twilight will not do more than 600 mil worldwide which is less than New Moon...

have you seen the foreign box office? ... at the moment is only 16% with chances of an increase to near 26% for the second week... BET that in the 3rd week there will be a HUGE drop... :clap:

there's someone here who argued with me when I said TS3 will have a huge drop in the 3d week or 4th because most people who wanted to see it saw it already and the rest are not that interested... well guess what... TS3 has a huge drop... will not reach a billion for those who love to dream... matter of fact TS3 will stop somewhere around 500...
That might be because Twilight isn't out everywhere :crazy:

How do you know TS3 has had a "huge" drop? The 3rd week for TS3 is just about to start (started yesterday actually). I'm willing to bet that that overseas box office alone for TS3 will alone by around $500 million. I don't think you understand the concept of a scattered foreign release.

That1 wrote:
RIFA wrote:Twilight will not do more than 600 mil worldwide which is less than New Moon...

have you seen the foreign box office? ... at the moment is only 16% with chances of an increase to near 26% for the second week... BET that in the 3rd week there will be a HUGE drop... :clap:

there's someone here who argued with me when I said TS3 will have a huge drop in the 3d week or 4th because most people who wanted to see it saw it already and the rest are not that interested... well guess what... TS3 has a huge drop... will not reach a billion for those who love to dream... matter of fact TS3 will stop somewhere around 500...
That might be because Twilight isn't out everywhere :crazy:

How do you know TS3 has had a "huge" drop? The 3rd week for TS3 is just about to start (started yesterday actually). I'm willing to bet that that overseas box office alone for TS3 will alone by around $500 million. I don't think you understand the concept of a scattered foreign release.
I understand very well the concept of a scattered foreign release but It's not the case of Twilight which was almost released everywhere besides France and Germany (which will bring let's say 50 mil together, but that's too much).

About Toy Story 3 you realize that the third week just began and has only 120 mil foreign .. add another 100 and you got 220 ... stil it will have to do double than that and another 100 to reach 500 just overseas. I mean you realize that that's pretty much impossible at this moment right?...

RIFA wrote:I understand very well the concept of a scattered foreign release but It's not the case of Twilight which was almost released everywhere besides France and Germany (which will bring let's say 50 mil together, but that's too much).

About Toy Story 3 you realize that the third week just began and has only 120 mil foreign .. add another 100 and you got 220 ... stil it will have to do double than that and another 100 to reach 500 just overseas. I mean you realize that that's pretty much impossible at this moment right?...
The weekend hasn't started yet. That number's probably from one day. Twilight will do well overseas.

When I talked about scattered film release I was talking about TS3. You do know that TS3 is only out in 35% of the foreign territories right? Ya, it made 120 million from just a third of the market. The territory by territory numbers have it running ahead of Ice Age 3 which alone made $690 million at the foreign BO. TS3 isn't yet out in Japan or Western Europe - all very major markets. It's only out in India, Australia and Latin America among the foreign territories. You realize 35% isn't the same thing as 100%, right? And that some territories bring more money than others?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0435761/releaseinfo

TS3 is following the same pattern as Up which means it'll take months for it to release everywhere. Don't count it out until at least late September/early October.

That1 wrote:
RIFA wrote:I understand very well the concept of a scattered foreign release but It's not the case of Twilight which was almost released everywhere besides France and Germany (which will bring let's say 50 mil together, but that's too much).

The weekend hasn't started yet. That number's probably from one day. Twilight will do well overseas.

When I talked about scattered film release I was talking about TS3. You do know that TS3 is only out in 35% of the foreign territories right? Ya, it made 120 million from just a third of the market. The territory by territory numbers have it running ahead of Ice Age 3 which alone made $690 million at the foreign BO. TS3 isn't yet out in Japan or Western Europe - all very major markets. It's only out in India, Australia and Latin America among the foreign territories. You realize 35% isn't the same thing as 100%, right? And that some territories bring more money than others?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0435761/releaseinfo

TS3 is following the same pattern as Up which means it'll take months for it to release everywhere. Don't count it out until at least late September/early October.
I thought you talked about Twilight...
As for TS3 I agree with you on some points but still you're blinded by the good reviews and first two weeks huge impact... you will see that TS3 will not do as much as you think. I hope you'll say "hey rifa remember when you said TS3 won't make big numbers? Well here they are.. " :D