TDK opening day record broken

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
natalie wrote:
chee wrote:
DHOPW42 wrote:No, I don't think so. There were at least two more girls here, but I don't remember, who.
Yo. 8-)

I hate Twilight with a passion. Very angry how this piece of crap movie beat one of TDK's records. :x
Don't feel bad. It's just numbers. The important thing is that TDK is MUCH BETTER stuff.
Looks like AVATAR won't break many short term records. Bought tickets for the midnight 3D showing today and only 9 other people have bought tickets for it so far. :o

But I think it will do good in the long run, much like Titanic. Once word gets out about how good it is, people will go see it. However I don't think it will make as much as The Dark Knight unfortunatly.

I was escited about Avatar at the begining, but now that I watched the new trailer...I don't think so.
I don't like much those six feet blue Gardens gnomes. There are something no quite good about it for me.
I like Cameron's movies but ...I don't know...twelves years for this?
Hope i been wrong.

natalie wrote:
DHOPW42 wrote:
natalie wrote:Thank for the compliment, I guess...
Yeah, you can take it as a compliment ;)
By the way, thanks for the compliment. I will take it.
I wonder, Am I the only girl here?
No you're not. ;)

DHOPW42 wrote:No, I don't think so. There were at least two more girls here, but I don't remember, who.

I'm a girl as well. Haven't been on in a while due to school and stuff.

Well, it's sad but the vamps id't again:
Eclipse $68.5 million on the first day (aprox). :x

Just wait until July 20th, 2012 and you will see how much money a moviec an earn in a single day. :ugeek:

It will be a bloody mess. :twisted:

natalie wrote:Well, it's sad but the vamps id't again:
Eclipse $68.5 million on the first day (aprox). :x

Just wait until July 20th, 2012 and you will see how much money a moviec an earn in a single day. :ugeek:

It will be a bloody mess. :twisted:
Huh, it must have dropped off a lot throughout the day. Supposedly it made $30+ million from midnights alone, and it just barely doubled that throughout the day. I was seeing predictions of $80 million opening day on various box office forums. :lol:

We know, thanks to TDK, that the maximum take per day without midnights is about $45 million, and it doesn't seem that Eclipse was able to make that.

Still, Summit is definitely swimming in the money considering how cheap the films are and how rabid the fanbase is. :lol:

isn't it frustraing? :cry:

Dark Nolan wrote:Image

isn't it frustraing? :cry:
Oh WEIRD, that girl looks like my sister. :wtf:

But she (and I) both hate Twilight with a vengeance. :lol: It's actually my uncle who likes it. :lol:

I just don't understand why girls like this crap.