TDK opening day record broken

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I doubt that the new Twilight movie will have maintained box office success past it's first weekend.

Eternalist wrote:I doubt that the new Twilight movie will have maintained box office success past it's first weekend.
It won't for sure. They usually never do!

chee wrote:I just don't understand why girls like this crap.
I was watching the local news as they were interviewing some of the girls camped out in line, and one of them basically said that she was there because she got to spend time with her friends and it's fun.

It's certainly a better reason than actually anticipating the movie itself. :lol: As for the community, I don't think it's any different than fans waiting in line for Star Wars screenings or Apple product launches. :lol: It's just that Twilight is such a pop culture phenomenon, it's almost socially acceptable. I actually don't think that many of these girls are actually taking it to heart and yearning for an Edward for their own. I mean, some of them do (the Twimoms forums scare me) but I think that's the case for a whole lot of things.

Heck, the grad student here was reading a big fat book without its cover and I asked, "..is that Twilight?" and she was like, "Yeah...I didn't want anyone to know I was reading it...but I can't put it down even though it's terrible! :lol: "

Humanity has reached a new all-time low. :cry:

Anita18 wrote: Heck, the grad student here was reading a big fat book without its cover and I asked, "..is that Twilight?" and she was like, "Yeah...I didn't want anyone to know I was reading it...but I can't put it down even though it's terrible! :lol: "
What?! That is ridiculous! :lol:

bLaZe wrote:Humanity has reached a new all-time low. :cry:

Ausome. :lol:

Another valid point. :lol:

:clap:

Well, to be fair, Pattinson isn't a teenager in RL but it is still a good point.

Bueller wrote:

:clap:

Well, to be fair, Pattinson isn't a teenager in RL but it is still a good point.
Taylor Lautner (who plays the ab-tastic werewolf Jacob) is only 17.

Twilight will not do more than 600 mil worldwide which is less than New Moon...

have you seen the foreign box office? ... at the moment is only 16% with chances of an increase to near 26% for the second week... BET that in the 3rd week there will be a HUGE drop... :clap:

there's someone here who argued with me when I said TS3 will have a huge drop in the 3d week or 4th because most people who wanted to see it saw it already and the rest are not that interested... well guess what... TS3 has a huge drop... will not reach a billion for those who love to dream... matter of fact TS3 will stop somewhere around 500...