Gravity (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
theseeker9175 wrote:Eh, I think the running time was perfect for the movie. it didn't needed more or less.
Did you like the film overall?

To people who think the story wasn't on par with visuals - what did you expect: aliens, more splosions, love triangle with the dead guy? Story was perfectly adequate for a wannabe realistic space epic because it was telling a tale about humans, not superheroes.

m4st4 wrote:To people who think the story wasn't on par with visuals - what did you expect: aliens, more splosions, love triangle with the dead guy? Story was perfectly adequate for a wannabe realistic space epic because it was telling a tale about humans, not superheroes.
are you equating good stories to superhero films?

Dream-Xtractor wrote:
theseeker9175 wrote:Eh, I think the running time was perfect for the movie. it didn't needed more or less.
Did you like the film overall?
No, I didn't like it.
Loved it

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:
m4st4 wrote:To people who think the story wasn't on par with visuals - what did you expect: aliens, more splosions, love triangle with the dead guy? Story was perfectly adequate for a wannabe realistic space epic because it was telling a tale about humans, not superheroes.
are you equating good stories to superhero films?
Not at all, read again.

"adequate" is a push

Saw this in a packed theatre, which is rare for me. The audience came into play a few times:
Like with the reprise of Matt, when he opens the hatch, I swear errrrbody held their breath, or at least tried to (I failed), till the hatch was closed. Kinda funny now that it was obviously an hallucination.
And another moment was at the end when Ryan tried to swim to the surface, you just heard whispers all around "the fucking suit the fucking suit" lol
My brother and friend were not really invested in Ryan's story...
like they weren't really rooting for her - if she didn't make it, the movie would have still been good for them. Personally I think that is crazy, since we had to watch the most likeable character, Matt, have to "let go" for her. Therefore you had to root for her to get home because of his sacrifice. That for me was the whole story right there. And it's all I needed really - so bravo Clooney.
Regarding the return of Matt
In that moment I was like "yoooou piece of shit" I was furious at him, first for leaving then for just barging in being as cool and casual as ever. At the same time my eyes were starting to water from being so happy to see him again. Then it was over :blank:
They got me good yo.
I don't like that people are using the word WEAK to describe the story. It's a SIMPLE story in a grand setting.

For purposes of the NF-meter I give it 9/10

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:"adequate" is a push
What are your thoughts on the matter.

Very good point.

the_red_ninja wrote:Saw this in a packed theatre, which is rare for me. The audience came into play a few times:
Like with the reprise of Matt, when he opens the hatch, I swear errrrbody held their breath, or at least tried to (I failed), till the hatch was closed. Kinda funny now that it was obviously an hallucination.
And another moment was at the end when Ryan tried to swim to the surface, you just heard whispers all around "the fucking suit the fucking suit" lol
My brother and friend were not really invested in Ryan's story...
like they weren't really rooting for her - if she didn't make it, the movie would have still been good for them. Personally I think that is crazy, since we had to watch the most likeable character, Matt, have to "let go" for her. Therefore you had to root for her to get home because of his sacrifice. That for me was the whole story right there. And it's all I needed really - so bravo Clooney.
Regarding the return of Matt
In that moment I was like "yoooou piece of shit" I was furious at him, first for leaving then for just barging in being as cool and casual as ever. At the same time my eyes were starting to water from being so happy to see him again. Then it was over :blank:
They got me good yo.
I don't like that people are using the word WEAK to describe the story. It's a SIMPLE story in a grand setting.

For purposes of the NF-meter I give it 9/10
I love you, yo, I really do. :D