Gravity (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Score was great tho

The score will definitely be nominated for Best Original Score.

At the end I wanted
Ryan to stand up only to see a indigenous tribe who proceed to kill her with blowguns.

Peace wrote:At the end I wanted
Ryan to stand up only to see a indigenous tribe who proceed to kill her with blowguns.
This would have saved the film

Sandy wrote:
Peace wrote:At the end I wanted
This would have saved the film
It def would have left more of an impact. I was just joking though. For what it was I really enjoyed the movie.

Forum Pro
Law
I was really hoping
as the shot panned up to show where she was and with the pulsating music we would see but wouldn't hear two rescue helicopters coming to get her

If we're playing the alternate endings game:
Wakes up revealing it was a dream and gets onto the shuttle to head to space on the 'real' mission.
Collapses back onto the ground as her bones break from atrophy.
Drowns under the water.
Attacked by tackling bear from off-camera.
Panning up to reveal she arrived in 1940's Germany.

I'm cool with the way it ended, leaves enough for the imagination which I typically tend to prefer.

cooldude wrote:I'm cool with the way it ended, leaves enough for the imagination which I typically tend to prefer.
But, the way I see it, there's no imagination in the mix, whatsoever - what you see is what you get, THE END, cathartic point reached. What happens later is totally irrelevant, or if you want to crack a joke or two:
Stinkin' bitch.

Master Virgo wrote:This is true that technical magnificence will age poorly over the time, what seems marvellous in one era might look or sound ridiculous in the other. Same can not be applied to what Kurosawa would have liked to call cinematic beauty. Orson Welles' brilliant use of camera, lightning and editing for artistic purposes would never get old or overdone over the time. Kubrick's fantastic choices for his mis en scenes in A Clockwork Orange or Eyes Wide Shut will not look less impressive even after decades would pass. Art doesn't lose its touch or doesn't get dusty. Star Wars is not half as impressive to watch as it was back in the days but Rear Window's or Ivan's Childhood's visionary mastery remains with the same impact.

Now I haven't seen Gravity but if all of its visually impressive aspects that are getting this much praise are Avatarishly technical and not Children of Mansque artistic I would be massively disappointed.£
Well put. I wanted to say few things regarding the technical magnificence of Gravity; Inception; 2001: A Space Odyssey, but did not get the chance. Can't go more in details, but I agree with your post, so again, well said. I just want to add that GRAVITY in 10, 20,40 years will still look great. We will be talking about it in the books and critics will be mentioning it for sure over and over.

Star Wars, no offense to anyone, it looks like a used up clothes washing soap.